Glory to Costa Maya instead of Cozumel?

brianroberts2526

Ive taken quite a break from reading the boards; but I just noticed on Carnivals site that Glory is going to Costa Maya instead of Cozumel. When did this happen?

Having been to neither place; which is better.

My first reaction was negatove, because I bought a map to Cozumel and the time in port is much shorter.

Ive taken quite a break from reading the boards; but I just noticed on Carnivals site that Glory is going to Costa Maya instead of Cozumel. When did this happen?

Having been to neither place; which is better.

My first reaction was negatove, because I bought a map to Cozumel and the time in port is much shorter.

This change happened because of the damage to Cozumel. They have to tender in & can't handle as many ships as usual.

If you search for the details on changes I know there is a site that will give you the range of dates that are changed. I think it covers until April.

We are on the Glory in 18 days (can you tell we're in count down mode LOL) & not only did they change Cozumel but we are not stopping in Progresso either.

But I figure I'm lucky to be cruisin' so just take me away & surprise me.

Personally I would call it a blessing. Costa Maya today is gorgeous and unspoiled. Give it a few years and I'll be another Cancun.

Ditch the tourist port and visit the Chaccoben ruins with Ivan (he was born there. Yes, at the ruins, ask him to show you the remains of his house).

Then relax on the beach in Majahual with 6 Coronas for $10 and get an awesome 30 min massage for $20.

Enjoy it while you can..

Personally I would call it a blessing. Costa Maya today is gorgeous and unspoiled. Give it a few years and I'll be another Cancun.

Ditch the tourist port and visit the Chaccoben ruins with Ivan (he was born there. Yes, at the ruins, ask him to show you the remains of his house).

Then relax on the beach in Majahual with 6 Coronas for $10 and get an awesome 30 min massage for $20.

Enjoy it while you can..

Just get there by taxi?

Enjoy it while you can..

I'm going in May on the Valor and plan on taking that tour!

I read so much about it on the costa maya board that I can't pass it up!!:D

Just get there by taxi?

Yes, $3 flat fee from the pier. Assuming you take the tour first you have to go to town to meet them anyway. On the way back they will drop you in town or the pier (your choice). Go to town, you will have a few hours to enjoy.

Cheers!

I was thrilled with our day in Costa Maya!!

We headed straight throught the pier area and took a bus to Mahahual. We walked all the way down to the end of the "road" and spent a fabulous day on the beach!!

I have a TON of pictures from Costa Maya in my photo link below. You can see them in the Carnival Glory Cruise - Wednesday Costa Maya Album.

Archived