Annual travel insurance

crdtrnr

I'm looking into possibly getting an annual policy, instead of individual trip insurance. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments for me on this?

Any preference on companies?

Any and all information is welcome. 

Thanks 

You may be disappointed if you are looking for an annual plan with significant trip cancelation benefits. Most are limited to 10k per year or less. I know of one with 15k. There is another one that offers some base benefits and lets you add cancelation and interruption for each trip, but in most cases you can get better and cheaper coverage by purchasing separate plans fir each trip. Furthermore, in my opinion, some of the annual plans are too limited in medical coverage.

If you are looking primarily for annual medical and evacuation, the GeoBlue trekker plans are pretty good, depending on your age and state of residence. 

The best "plan" for cancelation might be the Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card. It offers higher cancelation benefits than any of the insurance plans. But it does not have a pre existing  conditions waiver and the covered reasons for cancelation may be too limited for some. It also has very limited medical coverage. So if you go this route, you will need good out of the country medical coverage. 

If you want more details I can provide some links when I return home tomorrow.