What to do in Kings Wharf from 9am-3pm? Bike Tour?

Melanie1437

We are going on the Grandeur this November- Any ideas? We have never been to Bermuda-and they just changed our itenerary from 2 days down to 6 hours! Want to do something fun- and also get to see what about Bermuda is unique.

Anyone ever done the bike tour of the old railroad? It says it goes along an easy trail with great veiws of the coast- and then you stop at a beach and have time to swim.. plus you can choose to stay and the resort where they have jet skiis and snorkel equipment ect if you want to make your own way back to the ship. It says it's at "9 Beaches Resort in the rural west end of Bremuda" anyone ever been there? Good place? Time and expense to get back to the ship?

Do you think the water will be swimable that time of year? We love to snorkel... how is it in Bermuda?

We were in Bermuda on the Voyager of the Sea's in May and did the Bike tour. A boat took us to the resort from there it was a short walk to were we got on our bikes, very nice and new. Even though it did say a easy bike ride there were some hills and you did ride on some roads the railway trails weren't bad at all. In my opinion I think you must be in some shape to participate and keep up. We realy enjoyed it alot very pritty view along the way. We did stop at the beach for a very short swim while waiting for the other group that had gone on a different excursion but on the same boat. I don't know if it was the same Beach that you are going to because we couldn't walk back had to take the boat again. I didn't see jet ski's either. It dose sound like the same excursion maybe different ships have different ones.

If your only there for 6 hours I would do a excursion from the ship because there realy isent time to do anything else. We are booked on the Explorer to Bermuda in May again. You will like it there, very pritty but expensive. Enjoy what ever you choose to do.

:) Thanks for the info! Do you know which company you used? Also- how fit would you say you need to be? We are both athletic and in our 20's... my husband rides all the time- I am the wild card. I don't like riding the busy roads around me so while I have a great bike- I don't go too often. Of course I have pleanty of time to get up to par before we go in November. The one that we are looking at is thru RCI and is described as follows:

Bike, Boat, and Beach Excursion 77pp

This is a great tour for the active guest to see some of the little known views of Bermuda, get a little exercise, and a well deserved beach break.

Enjoy a shore line cruise to the exotic 9 Beaches Resort in the rural West end of Bermuda. Here you will be provided with a 21 speed mountain bike, riding instruction and safety information, for a guided cycle tour along the original Bermuda Railway Trail. During the bike ride your guide will offer informative commentary and stop at various points of interest along 5-8 miles of mostly flat trail, bordered by spectacular views of stunning seascapes, and lush vegetation. You will have the opportunity to hike up to historic Fort Scaur or visit the sprawling 17th century Mott family estate. Following the ride you will have time for a refreshing cool off swim at the resort beach before the return boat cruise. Helmets and refreshments are supplied and don’t forget to bring a towel and your camera!

It is recommended that cyclists wear good sneakers and lightweight clothing over a bathing suit. For those guests who may choose to stay and enjoy the restaurant, bar and watersports facility, may do so but will be responsible for making their own way back to the ship at their expense. Please note that the minimum height requirement to participate in this tour is 4'10". Participants must be in good physical condition, comfortable using hand brakes, and be confident on a bicycle. Participants should be aware that there are certain inherent risks involved in any cycling excursion.

yellow.gif

Our tour was called Railway Trail Cruise & Bike Tour, Duration 3 hours $62.00. We booked threw Royal Carribean Excursions.

It sounds like the same tour, boat ride cruise, 5-8 mile ride, 21 speed mountain bikes, flat, paved and dirt trails, some roads,refreshing swim, nice resort, you won't have anything to worry about, it's realy fun and nice view's. They make stops along the way so bring a camera and were a bathing suite under your clothes it dose get hot riding. When you get there ask for a female version handlebar bike, there much easier on your back, they only had 3 at the time. They took us to see the worlds smallest draw bridge. The ride back was a different route and quicker, thats where we went up the rocky hill and dirt trails. They have two guides that go with you, one in the front and the other in the back for the slower ones. You do have to be in some kind of shape because you do ride for 5-8 miles. Go for it it's realy fun.

Archived