On Silhouette 1/15/22

Wolf 8

20 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I usually sit in the back of the theater but last night I went down toward the center and looked back.  I didn’t see a single face uncovered.  This was at the early show.

I saw a lady come to trivia unmasked. She sat down and suddenly realized her error, jumped up and went back to her state room to get her mask.

When you walk through the coffee shop, or the Buffay, no one has masks on when they are sitting at their tables with coffees and plates in front of them, but when they get up to leave, the covers come back on.

I don’t hang out at the martini bar but I understand that most people sitting around watching the flair bartenders and drinking don’t wear masks.  

Walking through the shops, on the elevators, at the library, everyone is masked.  Overall,I would say compliance is pretty high.

Basically the similar to our experience. However lots of non mask wearing in the Sky lounge and around the spa pool. Same in the library and the hideaway. Sometimes crew came  round and reminded passengers to mask up, sometimes they didn't. 

Just as people canceled this cruise because cruisers were not masking up, we canceled the cruise as we did NOT want to wear a mask! If you feel a mask works, then by all means wear one. Hoping the mask mandate is removed when we sail in March. 

• Like 1

Linda and I were also on this cruise and spoke with several ranking officers including the Captain, Cruise Director, Hotel Director, and Activities staff several times throughout our cruise. Many officers on the ship were eating breakfast or lunch in the Oceanview at their usual table near the entrance when we were there as well.   These officers were clearly not inhibited in their activities due to Covid19.  Lewis, the cruise director was quarantined for the first few days of the voyage as he had to make an unexpected flight to meet the ship due to an emergency taking the previous cruise director home unexpectedly.  This conversation is related in greater detail in my posting of facts from our cruise I posted earlier today on this board.   We enjoyed your post and wish you well.  Happy Cruising!  

• Like 1

I was on the same cruise and it was the absolute best ever. I can't even imagine we were on the same ship. We heard the captains daily anouncement the first day and there was ZERO mention of ANY covid cases on board. We listened to the announcements every day we were on board at that time and there was NEVER ANY MENTION OF Covid cases until the second to last day which was at sea and the captain said there was a passenger with Covid symptoms. There was no positive covid result at the time. We were able to visit every single port we stopped at and were never turned away. We saw the theater production shows which were fabuluous and enjoyed music and entertainment options all over the ship every single day. The staff were always masked and many were double masked. I think you must have been dreaming. I don't know how to explain the large  difference in experience. There were 900 guests on board it was like having the entire cruise ship to ourselves. Jeez what do you expect.?