ideas of cost for Excursions in Greece and Turkey?

Msgolferfhcc

We're hopefully doing Ancient Mediterranean Treasures this April, 2022.  From past trips, does anyone have approximations of the cost of some of the side excursions to Greece and Turkey?  We have voucher money we need to use and just wanted to use it the best way.  Usually we take included as long as they aren't panoramic but prefer wandering on our own. Hoping life will be better by then. 

Edited by Msgolferfhcc

• Msgolferfhcc changed the title to ideas of cost for Excursions in Greece and Turkey?

We were on the Malta/Greek Isles cruise in August and we were in the bubble so all excursions were either included or optional.  We took many of the optional excursions.

They typically ranged from $69-109 per person.  Several of the included tours were walking tours, which we also enjoyed.  

We're on the Mediterranean Odyssey in April.  Most of the excursions are posted on My Viking Journey, including the prices.  There is a disclaimer that says:    The shore excursions for your upcoming Viking voyage are not available at this time. We are working with our local operators to finalize your program. We will advise as soon as they are available to book. Thank you for your patience."    However, for all ports, but Rome and Venice, there are excursions posted that gives us an idea of the cost of the Viking excursion.

We are on the mediterranian sojurn in april but we cant see any excursions yet. They were supposed to be available on the 12th ased on our cabin category. All we see is the disclaimer. How did you find the posted excursions if you dont mind me asking? thanks

5 minutes ago, slb17 said:

We are on the mediterranian sojurn in april but we cant see any excursions yet. They were supposed to be available on the 12th ased on our cabin category. All we see is the disclaimer. How did you find the posted excursions if you dont mind me asking? thanks

I can see most of the port excursions in "My Viking Journey" website.  Rome and Venice are the only ones not listed.  I wont have access to book ours for 4 more days (based on the # of days chart by room category), but i can see them.  Unfortunately, several excursions show sold out, as of today that were not sold out a few days ago ... and we dont have the lowest room category.  

6 minutes ago, slb17 said:

If they haven’t dropped into My Viking Journey, the excursions have not yet been set.  With covid, IME things have been changing so rapidly that everything has been delayed.  I just kept checking back.

• Like 1

We are in a PJS and we are 9 days past when we were told the excursions would be open for us. The restaurant reservations opened up on the correct date. I can see the general excursion descriptions but in our my viking journey all i see is "We are sorry, but there are currently no shore excursions to view on this day. "We are sorry, but there are currently no shore excursions to view on this day." Sorry to bug you but is this what you see too?

We completed the Ancient Mediterranean Treasures in early January.  Shore Excursions for our cruise were posted way after the expected date for our class of cabin.  Then, when they were posted, there was one port where we still could not see any excursions.  I contacted Viking and they sent me a PDF which included all shore excursions (attached).  (They told me there was an IT problem that prevented me from seeing the excursions on that day.) You shouldn't expect these same excursions to be offered on your cruise, but this will certainly give an idea of the costs.  This may help you prepare as well so that once the excursions are posted you can jump right in and sign up for the ones you've already reviewed.  

ShoreExcursions.pdf

• Thanks 2