Grey's island tours-Rainforest ECO ADVENTURE questions....

wrendrummer

Has anyone tried the Gray's island tour- rainforest adventure? How strenuous is it (more for me then the kids)? Do you recommend it?

I have a couple of younger kids 5 and 7 who like to hike and I was wondering if this might fit our needs rather then the grand island tour but I have found limited reviews online on it. It looks like it includes a stop at Rommeny Manor and the Batik (what I really want to do). Do they provide much time here? Do you have a chance to look around and learn about the Batik? (The one online review did mentioned that they skipped it because it might have been closed...).

• 2 months later...

Since nobody answered my question I think I will answer it myself..... The stop in Rommeny Manor is about 30 minutes long enough to look around and hear a quick talk (2-3) that is standard for all the tour groups. 

As far as the hike went I felt it was really a nice day. We ended up being in a group by ourselves (just the 4 members in my family). The guide was informative telling us about all the trees and such in the area. We ended up seeing Rommey manor first and then hiking off from there into an area that also had zip lines and we saw a ATV group leaving. They had snacks at the end (sour orange juice and coconut rolls) so I would recommend bringing your own water as well. The hike went at a slow pace but we were by ourselves and my kids (5 and 7) where interested on climbing on things and playing in a stream. As for the path and roughness of it- it wasn't too bad there were a couple of steep areas but not to bad.

Anyway, We had a nice day. I got to see what I wanted to see and my kids were not bored on a bus ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Were your kids a reduced price with Grey's Excursions? It looks like his tour is $65pp, and the cruise excursion is $65 adult and $45 child. I'm traveling with 2 kids, so $40 is a decent amount difference. 

Also, did your kids enjoy it? Mine are 8 and 6 and outdoorsy, but we live in the Pacific NW and they have never been slapped in the face by heat and humidity, haha