Navigator of the Seas, Carnival Elation, Triumph or Glory - Which One?

I would like to plan a cruise for this August. Because of different factors, I need a cruise that departs August 12, 13th or 14th. I was wondering what the opinion is of the above named ships. The Glory's ports are Key West, Belize City and Cozumel. Elation stops at Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turks. Triumph's ports are San Juan, St Thomas and St Martin. The Navigators ports are San Juan, St Thomas, St Martin and Nassau.

I will be traveling with my husband ( we are both in our early 50's and my 14 year old son). We have been on a Carnival cruise twice and a Princess cruise once. We enjoyed them equally.

I know that cruise critic member always have great information and ideas. I would welcome any thoughts that you guys have.

Thanks in advance,

Paula

If ports are the primary attraction, I would rate them like this:

Elation

Navigator

Triumph

Glory

If the ship itself was most important, I would rate like this:

Navigator

Glory

Triumph

Elation

Elation has an interesting schedule, but clearly the least attractive ship compared to the other three. Also, my selection based on ports is skewed to the eastern caribbean as I prefer it over the western. Your preference may be different.

I have never been on Carnival, so I am a bit prejudiced. I can say that the combination of the Navigator and the ports is good. You will truly enjoy the Navigator and it's great for your son. There are 2 sea days which allow you to enjoy the ship. We went last Aug and had a great time. Out son was 10 and thoroughly enjoyed Adventure Ocean. The ship is big but easy to find your way around. The crew is great. Part of cruising to us is the ship and with the NOS you can't go wrong. My husband travels extensively and really enjoyed the Promenade and the spaciousness of the ship. We enjoyed all the activities. The food was good. The Adventure Ocean was wonderful for our son. I'm not sure what's offered for your child's age.. Check out the program. Whatever you choose have a good time.

I have been on carnival (2) and rccl (6) and am leaving sunday on our first princess cruise. I would go with rccl over carnival anyday the service is better the activities are better, they are just more fun and better run ships imho. If you really want to see about rccl read the post about what people like about rccl.

Flips

Hi There!!!! I was having the same problem, I am leaving in September and I was between the Triumph, Elation, Valor, Navigator and Caribbean Princess...well guess what? after so much searching I decided to go in the Navigator of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean, it will be my first time using Royal Caribbean and I am very excited!!!!!

Wow! It seems like the Navigator is the way to go. What can you tell me about cabin selection. We love balcony rooms, but might have to settle for an oceanview room. What's the scoop on both? Any stay away froms?

Paula

NC... the balcony is a wonderful thing... your own private outdoor, early morning coffe, late night place.... so how much is it actually worth?

Dont know. sometimes they get a huge premium.. other times less so, compared with an oceanview. Yes at 10 bucks per day... no at 100 per day.. each soul must find there own balancing point:) .. I have only achieved balcony balnce once, and it was wonderful..

Marco

Another vote for Navigator.

When it comes to cruising I choose by ports... BUT will only sail on Voyager class ships so it narrows it down a bit!

We did Mariner 2 years in a row and since she was going to be on an eastern itinerary this year decided to look at her sister ships. Chose by itinerary (my daughters fave is Western) and came up with Navigator.

Archived