What's all this talk about Senor Frogs?

LLSullie

Careful in Grand Cayman at Sr Frogs! The prices are in Camanian dollars. One of those fancy yard drinks could set you back close to $40 US! :)

It's fun. If you are in town with a group, these types of places are good end-of-the-day meeting spots, as you can always find them easily, but they are the same almost everywhere.

I agree that it is fun to seek out the more "local" unique type places, but they aren't always as easy to find. Plus, you can't take a picture of you and all of your friends in the embrace of a giant frog! :)

Tracy

OK I gotta agree with what the first person who replied said. This is fine if this is what you want but I go to other countries to experience them. This seems like a sanitized version of what they think Americans think of Mexico. Sort of like Disneyworld. Disney is nice and all but I would not see the Parisian version kwim?

Senior Frogs - is that where the HAL crowd parties?

Hardly HAL crowds. At least not the one in Matzatlan. At least not anytime I was there. Although, I've never been to any other location, so I can't comment on them.

Four women...me, 40-something... my two daughters, 18 yrs, 24 yrs....and my niece, 34 yrs. Tried going to the one in San Juan a couple years ago and the line to get in was so long we decided to skip it. Which worked out great because we ended up in a small hole in the wall local spot and we had a great time there. Much more interesting.

OK I gotta agree with what the first person who replied said. This is fine if this is what you want but I go to other countries to experience them. This seems like a sanitized version of what they think Americans think of Mexico. Sort of like Disneyworld. Disney is nice and all but I would not see the Parisian version kwim?

Sort of like going to Hooters in PTO; or WalMart, or McDonalds, or Blockbuster, or Dominos, or...

will be there with 3 teens, not sure this is the place for us ;)

Maybe next time with friends :D

If they are upper teens, they might like to go there for lunch. No one there then-everyone is home sleeping off the Margaritas. By the way, my husband insisted on getting a Senor Frog's T shirt. He is 60 and normally would not wear anything like that. Such a classy joint.

Hardly HAL crowds. At least not the one in Matzatlan. At least not anytime I was there. Although, I've never been to any other location, so I can't comment on them.

Four women...me, 40-something... my two daughters, 18 yrs, 24 yrs....and my niece, 34 yrs. Tried going to the one in San Juan a couple years ago and the line to get in was so long we decided to skip it. Which worked out great because we ended up in a small hole in the wall local spot and we had a great time there. Much more interesting.

No, MszKitty, dear........you missed the biting wit of CPT Trips. Some people are spelling S-E-N-O-R Frog's with a tilde over the N as: S-E-N-I-O-R Frog's..........senior? Get it? Like SENIOR CITIZENS CRUISE ON HAL. :D :D ;) ;) :D

No, MszKitty, dear........you missed the biting wit of CPT Trips. Some people are spelling S-E-N-O-R Frog's with a tilde over the N as: S-E-N-I-O-R Frog's..........senior? Get it? Like SENIOR CITIZENS CRUISE ON HAL. :D :D ;) ;) :D

It was too good to resist - must be Philly humor, since you seem to be about the only one to get it.

Go Wildcats!

This is the 3rd time I've tried to respond to this post and each time I time out.

I feel like such a doofus! I didn't even realize I spelled SENOR wrong...LOL So of course I didn't "get" CPT's wit.

I get it now! But it sure does take away the humor when you have to explain it, doesn't it? Or maybe in this case, because you had to explain it, it made it even funnier.

Either way....DUH! I get it now!

(crossing my fingers now that this post will finally make it thru.)

Archived