TRAVEL.GC.CA Website Update - January 20th!

K_e_short

2 hours ago, travelbug1025 said:

Leaving on a med. cruise from Montreal/Rome/Rome/Montreal next August 2022.  Concerning proof of vaccination passport - my Canadian passport shows my maiden and married name.  My vax passport only shows my maiden name.  I wonder if anyone had problems going through customs or even getting on the cruise ship? 

2 hours ago, travelbug1025 said:

Leaving on a med. cruise from Montreal/Rome/Rome/Montreal next August 2022.  Concerning proof of vaccination passport - my Canadian passport shows my maiden and married name.  My vax passport only shows my maiden name.  I wonder if anyone had problems going through customs or even getting on the cruise ship? 

If you’ve chosen a hyphenated name, or opted for your hubbys name on your passport, you likely have time to update your provincial health records and have your vax passport re-issued.  (If it helps, in Ontario, we have 90 days after change in marital status to change your name at no charge. You’ll need to send a notarized copy of your birth certificate and marriage certificate to the registrar.) I’d suggest simply getting notarized copies to bring with you then keep the originals at home.  My partner once had a plane ticket issued with his middle initial. At the electronic check in we couldn’t get his boarding pass printed as his passport had his middle name in full. So off to the line up we went. It was soon resolved at the desk.  

38 minutes ago, Tango99 said:

If you’ve chosen a hyphenated name, or opted for your hubbys name on your passport, you likely have time to update your provincial health records and have your vax passport re-issued.  (If it helps, in Ontario, we have 90 days after change in marital status to change your name at no charge. You’ll need to send a notarized copy of your birth certificate and marriage certificate to the registrar.) I’d suggest simply getting notarized copies to bring with you then keep the originals at home.  My partner once had a plane ticket issued with his middle initial. At the electronic check in we couldn’t get his boarding pass printed as his passport had his middle name in full. So off to the line up we went. It was soon resolved at the desk.  

We’ve been there. My husband goes by his middle name. Plus his first name is Keven.  He forgets that most people spell it Kevin. So we booked a trip through a travel agent. He gave her his correct first name verbally but didn’t note the spelling so she put Kevin. 
i harass him every time now to make sure it’s spelled correctly.