Just back from 5 night Sunshine

Duanerice1

Just back from a 5 nighter on the Sunshine.   Booked over Thanksgiving so we couldn’t pass up the deal.  Living in S Florida makes it so much easier.  We had a great time.  The ship was about 50% full which was fantastic except in the shows and the dining room….. Felt sorry for some of the entertainers as the main room was empty.  We also felt like we were emptying the dining room out because it was so empty and all the staff was standing around.   Now most nights this was 7:30  - lol.  So sad for them too. 

Food was pretty good.  Never had a Guy’s burger and finally had pizza at 11 pm on the last night, lol.  Loved the deli.   Had many sandwiches but really liked the BLT.  We went to most of the shows and really liked the comedy shows.  A couple of great comedians.   No production shows, only a band and a magician.  A little disappointed. 

Stops were Amber Cove and Grand Turk.   My wife had foot surgery and was still in a ‘boot’ so couldn’t walk that much and couldn’t go in the water.  In Amber Cover we got a bicycle guy to take us to the gate then just walked around a bit.   Love Grand Turk for a beach day.  I went swimming while my wife had a drink and watched.   Beautiful water!  Would love to stop back when my wife could go in the water.  Side note…. I rented a wheelchair from the ship in Grand Turk because my wife couldn’t walk all the way to the pier.  $50 deposit and they gave it back when I returned the chair.  Made the port so much easier. 

When we arrived at the Miami port, we basically never stopped except for them to check our paperwork.  We had the 11 – 11:30 check in and we on the ship by 11:30.  Leaving was even easier.  We went to breakfast around 8 and all groups were called while we were still eating.   Walked right off, got our bags and were in the car in no time.  The easiest time we’ve ever had. 

Masks were required in all indoor places.   For the most part everyone complied except in the bars and some shows.  I am not a mask person, don’t think they are required but wore them when they asked.  It’s their ship so I have to play by their rules if I want to sail.   We got tested at Walgreens 2 days before.  Also had reservations at CVS the next day in case either cancelled.  Ended up cancelling CVS. 

Overall we had a great time.  We will be back on the Horizon in a couple of weeks so we weren’t too sad getting off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, brilliantseas said:

Did you try any of the specialty restaurants? How was the condition of the ship?

Ship was in great shape.  And no, didn't try any.  We thought about it one night but were still full from the previous days.  lol

13 hours ago, brilliantseas said:

Did you try any of the specialty restaurants? How was the condition of the ship?

The ship is in great shape as the OP said.  We ate at the specialty restaurants every night on our NYE cruise and they were very good.

The steakhouse can be hit or miss though depending on what your order.

I assume you have the wrong ship name?????   Sunshine isn’t based in miami and it’s not doing 5 day cruises.   Are you sure you weren’t on “Sunrise”???? Sunshine is currently on 10 day cruise (½ way through it) and is based in Charleston, sc

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mpacker said:

I assume you have the wrong ship name?????   Sunshine isn’t based in miami and it’s not doing 5 day cruises.   Are you sure you weren’t on “Sunrise”???? Sunshine is currently on 10 day cruise (½ way through it) and is based in Charleston, sc

Crap!!!  Yep. On the Sunrise.  Ugh!   Lol. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Duanerice1 said:

Crap!!!  Yep. On the Sunrise.  Ugh!   Lol. 

I make that mistake often myself! 🤪 Glad you had fun.  We're onboard her again in a week.  One of my favorite ships.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, KattyPoo said:

Im going on Sunshine February 5th and was wondering how the Muster Drill works and if its on the Hub App like the Mardi Gra has?  

You go to your muster area and they take about 3 minutes to show you how to put on the life jacket. They scan your sail and sign card and you are on your way. Quick and easy.