How strict is the age limit on HAL teen club?

cruzlover56

I have just been informed by the YPD on our ship that the Oasis is open to youth up to 21 years old. I am not sure if this a fleet-wide rule or specifically for the Zaandam, but I thought you might all be interested to hear it.

The Loft activities are still only for 13-17 year olds.

That would be great if the Oasis is open to 21 year olds, but his is what is on the HAL web site.

In any case I won't tell DS that it might be a possiblity. Last year when on the Zuiderdam neither the Oasis or Loft on that ship at that time so he doesn't even know it exists on anyship.

It will be a nice surprise if he can go there.....

New areas designed exclusively for ages 13-17 to get away from family, have fun, socialize and hang out with people their own age. Unmatched anywhere in the cruise industry, these are areas teens can truly call their own.

THE LOFT

A lounge area designed to resemble a New York artist's loft

Modern environment with music and videos

Internet access stations, video games and karaoke

Big-screen TV

Special, secluded passageway upstairs to The Oasis

THE OASIS

Sun deck for teens only with comfortable and cool lounge chairs

Nine-foot-high waterfall and cave for cooling off

Snack machines filled with teen favorites

State-of-the-art sound system and laser light show for dancing

Other special activities including "Luau at the Oasis," "Teen Superstar," DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) contests, "Campin' under the Stars" and Wacky Olympics

I have just been informed by the YPD on our ship that the Oasis is open to youth up to 21 years old. I am not sure if this a fleet-wide rule or specifically for the Zaandam, but I thought you might all be interested to hear it.

The Loft activities are still only for 13-17 year olds.

I sure hope that will be the case in December on the Amsterdam! :D :D But, as to not get DS's hopes up (he's 18), I think I won't mention it. Let him assume he can't participate rather than have him disappointed later.

Thanks for the information formercruisestaff, it would really make his vacation so much better!!:D

FormerCruiseStaff,

You are right that is the Amy I remember. I can't believe after so many years I rememered her name. Right now my family and I are planning on taking the Noordam during the X-mas cruise. Hopefully I will be able to go on the cruise with the. It all depends on my rotation schedule for Physician Assistant school. We are hoping to take my 7 year old neice with us on this cruise.

FormerCruiseStaff

Sorry about that, I still had more to right! This will be her first cruise of her life. She has been living with us for the last couple of years. Some family problems don't want to get involved with that here. I didn't know that I could get a small contract with HAL. I have been a counselor at DayCamp and also Sleep away camp. Always wanted to work on a cruise ship when I had a chance but never did. I am still single. LOL Would like to talk to you about it. YOu can reach me at the same screen name as I type under on AOL. I also have some questions about the new program they have for club HAL. I don't know if my niece would want to do them or stay with me. She is like a third leg on me. Can't get rid of her, only time I can is when I am in Physician Assistant school. Please write back when you have a chance.

Thanks, Geoffrey

24 cruise with HAL in 26 years on Earth

Archived