Check In on My NCL

racingraysswimmom

I went onto My NCL account to finish filling in Passport information but cannot get in.

New message pops up that you have to wait till 21 days prior to complete your check-in.

Anybody else have this message?  I use to fill in as much as I could prior to sailing and then put in last minute details closer to sailing date.

THANKS!

This has been the case since NCL resumed sailing last fall.  At least that has been my experience. I believe (no sure the exact # of days) that they close down MyNCL 60 days before sailing and then re-open 21 days before embarkation.

2 hours ago, racingraysswimmom said:

Thanks KK.  I thought I was going to get everything out of the way and fill in as much as possible so that it wasn't rushed until 21 days prior.  Here is hoping that the cruise world is different soon.

I like to get everything filled out prior also but the 21 day rule went into effect somewhere after my October 2021 cruise and now (my November cruise I booked 6 days out so was well past 21 days). I just booked a cruise for 2/5/22 and it really didn't take me as long as I thought to complete the whole check in, since I have my photo saved on my desktop and had all the other info at hand.  The nice thing about that was my edocs were available the next morning and was able to open them, screen shot the bar code to my phone and am ready to go! 

13 hours ago, racingraysswimmom said:

I went onto My NCL account to finish filling in Passport information but cannot get in.

New message pops up that you have to wait till 21 days prior to complete your check-in.

Anybody else have this message?  I use to fill in as much as I could prior to sailing and then put in last minute details closer to sailing date.

THANKS!

It happened around Thanksgiving. 

Our cruise left 11/28 and all but the last items were able to be completed prior to day 21.

I even uploaded pics and did some other items on February and June cruises. 

When we returned on 12/10, it had changed. 

Zero access until day 21 now. 

We sail on the 9th of Feb. I tried to sign in prior to the 21 day rule. No go. On the 21st day I checked in and all went well. They said they would send me an email when my e-doc's would be ready. The next day (22Jan) I went back online and it showed my e-doc's were ready. No email. Funny thing is that I received luggage tags along with my confirmation of sailing. I've always printed them myself. Don't know why that happened. Lot's of changes going on, but we are still optimistic and ready to sail.

Just now, Daytonasailor said:

We sail on the 9th of Feb. I tried to sign in prior to the 21 day rule. No go. On the 21st day I checked in and all went well. They said they would send me an email when my e-doc's would be ready. The next day (22Jan) I went back online and it showed my e-doc's were ready. No email. Funny thing is that I received luggage tags along with my confirmation of sailing. I've always printed them myself. Don't know why that happened. Lot's of changes going on, but we are still optimistic and ready to sail.

My mistake, we go to Miami on the 9th, we sail on the 11th.

We like to get as early as possible check in times now they are, I think, assigned so that Covid tests are not overwelmed right away.   

I know they say Check In starts 21 days before sailing.  Does anyone know do they open the web site up at midnight Eastern time on day 21 before, or in the morning of day 21, or about what time??   

I would rather get up at 1am and check in (15 min) and get early ( and faster) boarding time than get to embarkation in middle of the mob.  

I know it may vary, but if you have any experience, thanks. 

3 minutes ago, SAPMAN said:

We like to get as early as possible check in times now they are, I think, assigned so that Covid tests are not overwelmed right away.   

I know they say Check In starts 21 days before sailing.  Does anyone know do they open the web site up at midnight Eastern time on day 21 before, or in the morning of day 21, or about what time??   

I would rather get up at 1am and check in (15 min) and get early ( and faster) boarding time than get to embarkation in middle of the mob.  

I know it may vary, but if you have any experience, thanks. 

Midnight EST.  At least that's the way it was in December. I was able to check in at 9pm from the west coast.

Edited by julig22