Shore Excursions Questions

Pepi

When can I book shore excursions. First someone from Norwegian told me "any time". But when they transferred my call to the shore excursion desk I was told I can't book until 60 days before a sailing. Is this correct?

Anyone have feedback about the swim with the sting ray and snorkel excursions when in port at Nassau? How did it go?

Thanks!

When I got to the shore excursion seciton of their website, I don't see a way to enter a sail date or ship. Do I need to pre-register first and then pull up the sailing?

Right now all I see is some form to download...but no way to enter a sail date or pull up specific excursions for our sailing.:confused:

http://www.ncl.com/

Click on Shore Excursions (bottom of picture) to get to: http://www.ncl.com/index.htm

On the far left; Click on Caribbean. New Window will pop up listing the different NCL vessels and their dates are html links under "2005 Caribbean" column.

Find your vessel, look in next column and find your cruise date and click on that. This gives you the form.

The PDF files are your Tour Descriptions.

Hope this helps.

You can book with the ship when you arive or book it on shore when you arive at the port. We booked most of ours the day we got to the port when we got off of the ship. They whee about half the price and there are so many you will not have to worry about finding one you would want. I will no ever book mine in advanced again i will always do it on the port.:D

I am concerned that the stop in Nassau is so short. I think only until 3:30pm. And we want to do the swim with sting rays. Am wondering if we can do that on our own and get back to the ship on time with no worries.

I also want to be sure there is availability. You think it'd be safe to do it on our own?

You should check the Port Call Boards or goto your Roll Call and ask the question there.

Unfortunately...I have no idea since my first cruise is in March. But if you check either the Port Call section under "Caribbean-Other" or under your Roll Call section under Norwegian....perhaps someone would know.

I didn't even realize there was a Port of Call are on this site. This is great!
Yes, it is! This board is a wealth of information. Here's a link to the Ports of Call boards. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=5

Pepi

http://www.ncl.com/

Click on Shore Excursions (bottom of picture) to get to: http://www.ncl.com/index.htm

On the far left; Click on Caribbean. New Window will pop up listing the different NCL vessels and their dates are html links under "2005 Caribbean" column.

Find your vessel, look in next column and find your cruise date and click on that. This gives you the form.

The PDF files are your Tour Descriptions.

To book them press the Pre Request arrow on the far right.

It will ask for your Reservation Number and last name.

Then you can reserve what you want.

I did ours on Monday afternoon and had a e-mail confirmation the next morning.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

I still can't figure out how to do it! Why the heck doesn't NCL make this easier? It was sooo simple to RCI's.

All I keep finding is the descriptions...I can never get to the part where specific ships or sailings are listed...just the descriptions.

I will have to keep trying..but don't have too much time to fool with it either!

Pepi,

Don't go into the Tour Description link. Just find the ship and look all the way to the right. You will see a Pre Request column. Press on the arrow corresponding to your ship. Put in your reservation number & last name and your in.

That's all you need to do.

In fact, they have made it easier. You now just select the tour from a menu. You used to have to type in the excuriosn number and description.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

The link to pre-request was not showing last night. It is there this morning. I couldn't find it becasue it wasn't there! Now that it's there, I can see it's pretty easy to do!

Any penalty if you end up changing your mind or cancelling an excursion??

Thanks for all your help.

Baitman, does that mean you can only cancel on the ship once you reserve an excursion? Or can you cancel prior to sailing if you change you mind and say decide upon a different excursion.

I don't think we'd do that..but would be good to know just in case.

You have been very helpful. Much appreciated.

I love this site! just found it this week and can't believe how much I have learned. We did the stingray snorkel tour in Nassau last year from the Dawn (booked it through NCL since we were first timers) and had a GREAT time. My DH found ways to spend xtra cash by renting the available jet ski during the downtime. Word of advice-Haggle--he wound up getting a full hour for what they wanted for a 1/2 hour--important since we had four children who wanted a ride. the snorkeling beautiful and the stingrays fun. i recommend!

Pepi

Baitman, does that mean you can only cancel on the ship once you reserve an excursion? Or can you cancel prior to sailing if you change you mind and say decide upon a different excursion.

I don't think we'd do that..but would be good to know just in case.

You have been very helpful. Much appreciated.

You can't cancel online. When you get to your cabin an envelope will be there with all your excursion tickets in it. If you want to cancel, just bring them down to the Shore Excursion Desk and they will cancel them for you. If you want to book different ones, you can do that too at the desk.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Archived