Emergency pre/mid cruise?

johnnylikely

Hi all. Hope everyone's keeping safe and well.

My dad is really ill at the moment and I was just wondering if (heaven forbid) something emergency happens what's the scenario?

Especially if it happens mid cruise- would I be able to leave the ship whichever port we are at and head home? I know this would've been fine back in the day but not sure what would happen now with Covid etc...

Any advice appreciated!

Sat 12 Feb 22 Southampton, UK Embark Ship

Sun 13 Feb 22 At Sea For 1 Day

Mon 14 Feb 22 Hamburg, Germany Arrive Early Morning, Depart Evening

Tue 15 Feb 22 At Sea For 1 Day

Wed 16 Feb 22 Rotterdam (tours toAmsterdam), Neth Arrive Early Morning, Overnight In Port

Thu 17 Feb 22 Rotterdam (tours toAmsterdam), Neth Depart Early Evening

Fri 18 Feb 22 Zeebrugge, Belgium Arrive Early Morning, Depart Afternoon

Sat 19 Feb 22 Southampton, UK Debark Ship

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Fortunately your cruise doesn’t have more than one sea day in a row. Should you need to head home, if you go to reception and ask to speak to the Customer Services Manager (I think that’s what they’re called) then they will both advise and assist you. I’m sure that you will be able to head home early and will find P&O staff to be very helpful in such a situation.

Even though your cruise is only a matter of weeks away, the impact of Covid seems to be easing by the week. The only potential fly in the ointment would be if you contracted Covid on board and had to isolate, but this tends to only happen on longer cruises. With short cruises such as yours people don’t usually become symptomatic until after they have left the ship!

• Like 1

On a pre-COVID cruise to the Med in 2019, one of guests sharing our fixed dining table received the sad news her dad had died. P & O were excellent and helped her make the necessary arrangements and she was on her way home very quickly. I hope you don’t have to be in the same position, it must be very upsetting for you. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

Hi all. Hope everyone's keeping safe and well.

My dad is really ill at the moment and I was just wondering if (heaven forbid) something emergency happens what's the scenario?

Especially if it happens mid cruise- would I be able to leave the ship whichever port we are at and head home? I know this would've been fine back in the day but not sure what would happen now with Covid etc...

Any advice appreciated!

Sat 12 Feb 22 Southampton, UK Embark Ship

Sun 13 Feb 22 At Sea For 1 Day

Mon 14 Feb 22 Hamburg, Germany Arrive Early Morning, Depart Evening

Tue 15 Feb 22 At Sea For 1 Day

Wed 16 Feb 22 Rotterdam (tours toAmsterdam), Neth Arrive Early Morning, Overnight In Port

Thu 17 Feb 22 Rotterdam (tours toAmsterdam), Neth Depart Early Evening

Fri 18 Feb 22 Zeebrugge, Belgium Arrive Early Morning, Depart Afternoon

Sat 19 Feb 22 Southampton, UK Debark Ship

I'm sorry to hear your dad is very poorly at the moment and hopefully he is a lot better before you cruise.

Prayers 🙏 nothing happens while you are on your cruise.

Graham.

• Like 1