PV-Water taxi from Playa Los Muertos to Playa Las Animas

Lorabelle

I was reading elsewhere about taking a water taxi from the pier at Playa Los Muertos to Las Animas to spend a few hours and have lunch.  Has anyone done this?  Is it difficult to find a water taxi to get back?  I just want to make sure we're not setting ourselves up to be stuck, since the only transportation from there is by water.  

Also, I am assuming from what research I've done is that the Playa Los Muertos pier is the closest place from the cruise ship dock to catch a water taxi? 

Any recommendations on which restaurant to go to once we get there?  

It is some years ago we did the trip to Las Animas. I know the watertaxi from the pier in Old Town Valarta goes to Yelapa with stops, also in Las Animas on request. However there are about 4 sailings only each day as far as I know. It can be a rough ride depending the waves. 

The better option is to take a cab (bus is more complicated and takes much longer) to Boca de Tomatlan, more south in Vallarta. From there at least each hour there is a watertaxi but also many others offers private transfers. I think water taxis from Boca charge about Pesos 50,- per person one way , more if you do the private transfer. Taxi to Boca might be around Pesos 400,- one way, regular cabs, Always make your price before entering. Cabs at the cruise terminal charge more, per person and often in US$. They cannot be used for the return. Prices are my best guess by the way. 

I also found this on line: https://www.pvtourist.com/watertaxis

Thanks for the reply and the info! Maybe we will look at taxi to Boca de Tomatlan, rather than leave from Los Muertos.  Just looking for something different.  We typically go to Playa Los Muertos and spend some time at the beach restaurants there for the day.  We enjoy the food, the drinks and an occasional dip into the ocean.  But would be nice to see a different beach area. I appreciate your input!

• Like 1