Canadians cruising in March. Here's my testing plan and some questions. Any thoughts?

Spire2000

It was suggested on another board that I re-post this here.

I know there is a treasure trove of info already published, but searching has led to some outdated info in some cases. Therefore, please indulge me as I work through my plan, step-by-step.

1. Flying from Canada in March to Orlando. I have booked travel antigen COVID tests for the family at Shopper's the evening before we leave. These are necessary to enter the US via air.
  2. Staying for a few days in the Orlando area, then driving to Ft Lauderdale. Somewhere, somehow, we need to get another antigen test before we board. I'm struggling on how and where we do this. Can I drive through a Wal-Mart on the way to Ft Lauderdale? Do they test Canadians?
  3. Following the cruise, we need negative PCR tests to return to Canada via air. I understand HAL is performing these tests for passengers. Anyone have any first hand experience with this?

I understand the possibility of a positive test at any stage can result in trouble. I have COVID travel insurance so I'm not so much concerned about the money, more so the actual logistics and procedures.

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

For #2, I used BeeperMD to get tested in Fort Lauderdale last week.  It was completely free and they come to you.

How long did it take for you to get your results?  I recall reading your review but didn't absorb the turn around time.  TIA

14 minutes ago, wendycook22 said:

How long did it take for you to get your results?  I recall reading your review but didn't absorb the turn around time.  TIA

When I used them on Wednesday 1/19 I had an appt for a Free PCR test between 7:30-9:30AM.  They showed up at 8:30.  They did a rapid antigen even though I did not ask for one and a PCR. I knew the antigen results immediately but did not get the email until 10AM.  I got the PCR results Thursday around 6PM

For the PCR tests we took Friday 1/21, they were there right after lunch.  They did not do rapid antigens that time.  We got the results around 3:30PM on Saturday.

I had not posted a pic of my antigen result from the fist appt, but this is what it looked like 

81288A03-0563-4468-BB75-28B31190CA20.thumb.png.e106922733cac6ea29fe27adf516bef4.png

84DCE157-B1CE-4614-B8DF-EED5314C7873.thumb.jpeg.194f84443777cdf5767e3ed938b9caae.jpeg

• Thanks 2