Solo traveler

lionsfan99

Very likely your single supplement is going to be 100% of the cruise price.  

Dealing with this right now with a friend whose husband died last fall.  She still wants to go on the cruise with us (supposed to be 3 couples) but is having to lose her deceased husband’s fare.  

47 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

Dealing with this right now with a friend whose husband died last fall.  She still wants to go on the cruise with us (supposed to be 3 couples) but is having to lose her deceased husband’s fare.  

If your spouse/travel partner is now decreased, won’t Viking let you substitute another person?

Just now, Frenchberet said:

If your spouse/travel partner is now decreased, won’t Viking let you substitute another person?

No idea.  I’m just telling you what she was told about her going it alone.  I’ll likely see her later tonight to find out something.

She also didn’t realize that her late husband bought Viking’s insurance when he scheduled the cruise.  No idea as to what her options are with this.  

17 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

No idea.  I’m just telling you what she was told about her going it alone.  I’ll likely see her later tonight to find out something.

She also didn’t realize that her late husband bought Viking’s insurance when he scheduled the cruise.  No idea as to what her options are with this.  

Hope it works out for your friend.  Please report back if you get any additional info, thanks!

1 hour ago, Mich3554 said:

It could be that the fare is transferable if she has someone that would like to go along. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 1:37 PM, lionsfan99 said:

Hello - I am considering Viking Star Panama Canal cruise.  I am a solo traveler.  Any thoughts on how Viking is for a solo?

Thanks for your help.

Not sure that anyone answered your question?  I am not thinking that you were asking about single supplements, but what would the experience be for you as a solo traveller?

We were on a cruise in December 2021 and met a couple of solo travellers.  I would say this - it is fairly easy to "make friends" if you are outgoing enough to initiate conversation.  We met both of these people during an excursion as you are more likely to chat with people on the excursion.  We noticed that they would often be dining alone, in the beginning but then would be dining with others as the cruise progressed.

I think that if you go with the intent of being social and you are not afraid to speak to people, then you will have a great time and meet great people.