Copenhagen to Amsterdam

Motorcyclemomma

We are doing a TA in May ending in Copenhagen.  Three days later we are going on a River Cruise starting in Amsterdam.  We have a hotel booked in Amsterdam. We are Canadians and trying to decide between flying or train.

Would appreciate any suggestions or if there is another couple to travel with. 

Carolyn and Carl 

I'm thinking you'll be on the Enchanted, arriving in Copenhagen on May 4th...

Regardless, I checked the International site of the Dutch train service and the journey time between Copenhagen and Amsterdam is very long (anywhere from 11 to 18 hours) and requires a minimum of 2 transfers.  The fares are quite reasonable though.

If it was me, I'd fly!

Here's the Dutch train site if you want to poke around yourself:

Train tickets for international trips by train - Fast & comfortable | NS International | NS International 

Enjoy the planning!

Becky

Trains are very doable in Europe.  Fares are very inexpensive and you can pre-purchase for even greater discounts.  I don't know if the Eurostar ("bullet train") runs the route you need but if it does you should definitely consider this!  Quite an amazing train!

We flew from Copenhagen to Amsterdam on SAS after a cruise four years ago.  Very easy to get from the pier to CPH airport via public transportation.  Even after adding the luggage fees (which on some low-cost airlines can be significant), the fare we found was a great deal.  Flight time was less than an hour.  We were in our Amsterdam hotel by 2pm.