Cruise prices

Haven't been  away in a long time so not posted anything But looking at prices for 2 weeks in Caribbean compared to another major cruise line and I am shocked to see it works out twice the price with Marella. I can only assume you are paying much more than you might think for 'all inclusive' . We don't really drink much alcohol, so it's a lot of extra money for a few coffees and bottles of water. It is a shame, we have enjoyed many cruises with Thomson/Marella in the past.

Carlton cruiser, it does depend on the grade of cabin. But if we look at a basic balcony cabin it is about £1000 more expensive on Marella. I agree on that it is not twice as dear, but for a 2 week cruise in Feb this year, P& O £2798, and Tui £3716. A big difference if you only have the odd alcoholic drink.

On 1/29/2022 at 2:22 PM, sweby said:

Haven't been  away in a long time so not posted anything But looking at prices for 2 weeks in Caribbean compared to another major cruise line and I am shocked to see it works out twice the price with Marella. I can only assume you are paying much more than you might think for 'all inclusive' . We don't really drink much alcohol, so it's a lot of extra money for a few coffees and bottles of water. It is a shame, we have enjoyed many cruises with Thomson/Marella in the past.

I am also shocked at Marella prices. Have seen several other cruise lines with AI and tips paid that are a lot cheaper than Marella. 

Like Sweby we have also cruised with Marella for many, many years. Loved our cruises. Since becoming AI, and I use the term loosely, as there are still lots of things that have an additional cost, the prices have risen considerably.

We aren't big drinkers and feel we are subsidising those that do drink to get their money's worth and more. Much preferred when we had the choice to have AI or not. 

We haven't cruised for two years but it's sad to read on a few cruise forums that some passengers are drinking to excess and causing problems for other guests and crew with their behaviour. Even worse it seems to be the women who have caused the most problems.

• Like 2