Live Review Oasis Of The Sea 1/30/2022 - 2/06/2022 Virtual Cruise Plenty of Pictures.

BennyBrun

3 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

So , “On Oasis and Quantum class ships, Royal Caribbean's Deluxe Beverage Package individual drink limit is increased to $13 to match the pricing of cocktails on those ships.  On the rest of the fleet, cocktails tend to max out at $12, and thus, the drink package limit remains the same.”

If you are wine drinker and like the good stuff you most likely will have to shell out a little bit more.  Cocktail crowd / beer crowd you are pretty much all set unless you want a really expensive liquor!

It’s not about drinking ‘good’ or ‘bad’ wine though (TBF I can’t remember having any bad wine on a cruise) - on the menu you showed from 150 Central Park there was only ONE wine at $13 and that was a rose. So if you want red or white you have to pay extra, which seems wrong.  There ought to be at least one choice of each colour within the inclusive pricing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

It’s not about drinking ‘good’ or ‘bad’ wine though (TBF I can’t remember having any bad wine on a cruise) - on the menu you showed from 150 Central Park there was only ONE wine at $13 and that was a rose. So if you want red or white you have to pay extra, which seems wrong.  There ought to be at least one choice of each colour within the inclusive pricing.

I am sure you can ask the server to find you something that is covered by the package.  They are happy to accommodate.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all of your wonderful pictures!  I feel like I'm on board with you!  Actually, we will be on board the Oasis at the end of the month.  Is luggage valet being offered for your return home?  If it is, please post all the details.  We are flying in and out of FLL.  Also, do you have any information on the escape room on board?  How do make reservations for the escape room experience? Thanks again.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your report, I feel like I know this ship better now.

Is there close out door seating for Windjammer?

Also can you sit in the empty section to eat in the buffet?

Since I’m not getting off the ship when it’s in port, there may be 1 day I do the buffet for lunch.

TIA

Day 4

So… I really want to love it but I think it needs a little more work in the food department.  The brisket is so salty and it could not be finished.  The burnt ends were good but very burnt.  The ribs were good but dry and no flavor in the meat. The chicken was probably the best part.  Again it might just be me but we probably will not be going back again when there are other offerings onboard.  However you might find it to be phenomenal.

06B43053-26CC-48D2-8802-1AC979978833.jpeg

744556CC-9FB7-4997-BA38-5361EF04F24E.jpeg

62EABE18-A63F-4290-BC82-ED04AA04D871.jpeg

• Like 2

Day 4 St.Thomas

Because we have been here so many times and done all sorts of beach / snorkeling/ catamaran excursions we pretty much just walk into town now and tour on our own.  You can also cab it, the open air taxi rate is very reasonable but you are definitely paying tourist price.  The local pays $1.00 each way.  The tourist pay $5.00 to go from Crown Bay to Downtown.  It is worth it if you don’t want to walk and take in the local scenery.  From Crown Bay to downtown the scenery is not great!

7E891FCB-BE12-4E28-9195-8AE3218C1833.jpeg

6A6B8D87-4E93-47AF-91CA-ECC088009A8F.jpeg

740E1B90-97A4-430C-A764-3FA54086AF89.jpeg

8B8DA650-D723-4703-AB78-FA6B57EE071A.jpeg

E1B9997A-21D3-49C1-83F9-161B4760C42F.jpeg

F378C49F-BD2F-4BB5-B099-28C189487DD6.jpeg

55ADA293-2605-4019-ADF1-6937F2A6376D.jpeg

DBB85762-C00B-4499-8134-3CAAFD581422.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisecookie said:

Thanks for all of your wonderful pictures!  I feel like I'm on board with you!  Actually, we will be on board the Oasis at the end of the month.  Is luggage valet being offered for your return home?  If it is, please post all the details.  We are flying in and out of FLL.  Also, do you have any information on the escape room on board?  How do make reservations for the escape room experience? Thanks again.

Welcome aboard the virtual cruise!  I am not sure what you mean by luggage valet?  But if you are asking about airport transfer to FLL then yes they do offer that service.  You scan the QR code by day 4 to sign up and your flight has to be after a certain time and the cost is about $30.00 +-.  I know for MIA your flight has to be after 11AM FLL is later than that.

The escape room is open and you need to book that asap.  Right now there is only a few openings left for 2 people mostly early in the morning.

1 hour ago, Maitaivegas said:

Thank you so much for your report, I feel like I know this ship better now.

Is there close out door seating for Windjammer?

Also can you sit in the empty section to eat in the buffet?

Since I’m not getting off the ship when it’s in port, there may be 1 day I do the buffet for lunch.

TIA

There is close outdoor seating for windjammer.  Next weeks LIVE review will focus more on that. If the section is open then you can sit in that section, if the section is closed you are not able to sit in that section.  It is roped off.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

I am not sure what you mean by luggage valet? 

Luggage valet is a service in which you don't see your bags until you get home when you place them outside your door prior to going to bed.  The cruise line gets them to the airport and checks them for you on your flight home.  Comes in handy if you have a lot of bags or if you don't want to deal with the hassle of schlepping them.  Have not heard of any cruise line doing this for a few years

• Like 1