Symphony returns!! Live 1/29/22

jcandjf

15 hours ago, NightOne said:

Unvaccinated guests having better seat options at Studio B and even more so at Aqua Theater is some BS. They literally get the front center section at Aqua Theater.

And this wristband is a pain too. Scan my card or something instead.

Have only been to 1977 and the seating arrangements were disappointing. Usually go early to get seating in the middle section- big surprise when we couldn’t sit there.

On 1/30/2022 at 6:02 AM, jcandjf said:

3FCF8561-6FA7-4526-854A-46FA117DFB84.thumb.jpeg.f22468a9c665f4be5ebaa9c6fe0896e2.jpeg

There are PLENTY of opportunities to see shows with a vaccinated audience where seating should not be an issue. No need to complain about the kiddos getting the good seats! Just go at the time listed "V" on the schedule.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BDsquared said:

There are PLENTY of opportunities to see shows with a vaccinated audience where seating should not be an issue. No need to complain about the kiddos getting the good seats! Just go at the time listed "V" on the schedule.

Agree - i think the issue is you didn’t know the seating arrangements until you got there and were committed to the show- so putting it out there so others will know!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ocdb8r said:

Any adjustments to the itinerary?  Are they doing Costa Maya later than normal (heard this reported elsewhere)?

No adjustments so far- visited Costa Maya and Roatan Day 2 and 3 with Cozumel and Coco planned for day 4 and 6.

Edited by jcandjf

On 1/31/2022 at 3:36 PM, mattpan said:

Anyone on this sailing able to ask CS or the Diamond Lounge Concierge how many they expect on board next week (Feb 5 sailing)? Only 4 days until we fly to warmer weather! Thanks!

Asked the Concierge about next weeks numbers (2/5) and she said that they are expecting 500 more cruisers than this week. She also said that around 2900 actually boarded the ship this week even though they were expecting 3400. 

Edited by jcandjf
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, BDsquared said:

There are exacty TWO Vaccinated shows out of 5 and they are the late shows.

I managec to catch Hiro again tonight and had center section seats. It made a difference.

1 hour ago, jcandjf said:

Asked the Concierge about next weeks numbers (2/5) and she said that they are expecting 500 more cruisers than this week. She also said that around 2900 actually boarded the ship this week even though they were expecting 3400. 

I heard from dining staff that the number is around 3700 vs 3400+ so who knows lol

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, jcandjf said:

Have only been to 1977 and the seating arrangements were disappointing. Usually go early to get seating in the middle section- big surprise when we couldn’t sit there.

Why would they get the best seats? Makes no sense, they can socially distance any section. Maybe set a whole side section  of seats for the unvaccinated, from front row to back row.

22 hours ago, BDsquared said:

Before the vaccine was available for kids I get it. But Kid 5 and up can safely get vaccinated now, then they can go every where and see every show.

Edited by Maitaivegas

7 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Before the vaccine was available for kids I get it. But Kid 5 and up can safely get vaccinated now, then they can go every where and see every show.

Ultimately it all comes down to keeping their target market of young families happy and cruising. 

Currently docked in Miami on night 6. Everyone saying it is a medical evacuation and there were ambulances on the pier. One ambulance has left so far. 

We are supposed to be on time for Cococay tomorrow according to someone who called guest services.

Double Miami Sailaway 👍

For all of those sailing in Suites, the Concierge said that they are sailing with 100% occupancy in the suites.  So even though the ship is less than half capacity, suites are booked. This would explain the issue in getting dinner reservations at CK this week.  They managed to fit us in one night for dinner as we were on a waitlist. I’d head to CK to book dinner resys first thing if you couldn’t book them prior to getting on the ship.  

On 1/29/2022 at 11:20 PM, jcandjf said:

Currently sailing with over 3400 people!! Symphony is back and looks terrific- last cruised on this ship 4/2019. 

things to know……

-Quick walk on/check-in at 1pm using the suite entrance. 

-New reservation system on the ship was not fully working today. No one could book shows or anything through the app. Waited in line for over an hour in the suite lounge to get my shows booked.

-Windjammer at 1pm was packed- every other table was unavailable for social distancing. Had some Indian dishes for lunch which were fantastic!

-By 2pm, Coastal Kitchen had no dinner reservations available at all for the entire  week. And by 1:30pm, there were no 7pm reservations available the entire week at any specialty restaurant. I’m sure there will be some cancellations but book early if you can.

-Hairspray a no go this week. Have a slew of entertainers singer, comedians, ventriloquist to fill the gap. Hiro and 1977 are running. 

-At tonights dinner in MDR, they appear to be using mainly the 4th floor with some diners using 3rd floor at 8pm.

-Dennis is cruise director. 

-Mark Preston formerly of the Letterman was the main entertainment tonight.  Knows how to sing and work the crowd with some old (mostly) and new hits. Think Vegas……

Overall impression is that it is busier than what has been reported on the other Oasis ships the past couple of weeks. I wasn’t ready for it!!!  Usually have everything  booked or planned before getting on the ship. 

Not sure how much I will be posting but wanted to get this info out as the previous live posts have been so helpful to me.

-

How strict are they with the check in times. We had early times and got an email we are not going to start boarding that early so we have to change times. 

11 hours ago, hollon said:

thank you! Do you know what day is "Love and Marriage". I'm assuming still no "Quest"????

We were watching for Love & Marriage but they didn’t have it. They did do one called Perfect Couple but that is not the same.

9 hours ago, jcandjf said:

For all of those sailing in Suites, the Concierge said that they are sailing with 100% occupancy in the suites.  So even though the ship is less than half capacity, suites are booked. This would explain the issue in getting dinner reservations at CK this week.  They managed to fit us in one night for dinner as we were on a waitlist. I’d head to CK to book dinner resys first thing if you couldn’t book them prior to getting on the ship.  

A TON of people in the FB group for the cruise reported getting successful Royal Up bids for suites. Roysl Up e-mailed us repeatedly including the morning of the cruise. So that would be my guess.