Independent shore excursion

36 minutes ago, cruisematesforever said:

My family of 8 is booked on EXPLORER OF THE SEAS, May 22-28, 2022. Am I allowed to book an independent private tour in Fairmouth, Jamaica through Viator? The price is much less expensive than through the cruise ship; that is what I have done on past cruises. Is it allowed now by RC?

Requirements for Guests Departing from all U.S. home ports, including San Juan, Puerto Rico

Tours not Required for Fully Vaccinated Parties 

Fully vaccinated parties may book a shore excursion or visit most ports freely — with the exception of those listed below, which will require tours for all guests who wish to go ashore in go ashore in January and February, regardless of their vaccination status. 

• St. Lucia 
  • Barbados
  • Falmouth

At the above destinations, vaccinated guests may depart the ship and visit the enclosed port area on their own. If they wish to visit further into port, they must have booked a Royal Caribbean shore excursion, or participate in a government approved tour. Government approved tours are unaffiliated with Royal Caribbean.  

Maybe by May they will change the policy!  good luck