Notified yesterday of ship change for our cruise (out of Mobile in June)

geochick73

Last week I booked a 5-night cruise out of Mobile for June on the Sensation.   (Our first cruise since 2012!!)  We were notified yesterday by Carnival that they were bringing the Ecstasy to Mobile and we would be on that ship instead because there is a delay in their plans to restart cruises on the Sensation.    I'm not seeing any major differences between the two ships and I think I even like the decor better on the Ecstasy.   Anyone been on both ships & have any thoughts/comments?

We’re also booked on Sensation, but three in September. No email, yet, for us. They are basically identical ship layouts. Only problem, for us, that hopefully has been resolved, is a strong sewage odor in the atrium, from the restroom(s) on deck 8. Found it an issue on both times we’ve sailed on her, a couple years apart. We’ll see.

• Like 1

We've sailed on both.  Ecstasy was our first cruise and we fell in love the minute we looked up in the atrium at boarding.  Sensation was in the bottom two cruises--CD change midcruise and very little to do in the evenings.  We far and away prefer the Ecstasy, but probably due more to circumstances on our cruise than ship design.  

• Like 1

@2Shoes2Go- the letter didn't mention how long the Ecstasy would be there...so your September cruise on the Sensation may still be planned.  It stated that they plan on resuming cruises from Mobile in March and that, for now, the Ecstasy would be sailing the Sensation's itineraries...which included our June 25th cruise.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, geochick73 said:

@2Shoes2Go- the letter didn't mention how long the Ecstasy would be there...so your September cruise on the Sensation may still be planned.  It stated that they plan on resuming cruises from Mobile in March and that, for now, the Ecstasy would be sailing the Sensation's itineraries...which included our June 25th cruise.  

We got this same letter and our cruise is a 10 Day in September. As long as I'm on a ship, I don't really care which one.

• Like 2