Limes and CPAP

Johnc3211

With answers all over the place, here is the link, the text and my experience for 13 cruises since I got my machine.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3372/~/cpap-machines

CPAP Machines

Carnival permits guest who use BIPAP, CPAP, Concentrator, and Nebulizers onboard.

You must bring your own equipment on board for personal use. Please hand-carry these items and do not place them in your checked luggage. There is one electrical outlet in each stateroom located in the area of the desk/vanity. The outlet is equipped with a 3-prong 110 volt (North America Grounded) and a 220 volt (Europe German-Style).  It is recommended that you bring your own extension cord to accommodate your equipment comfortably.

Carnival carries distilled water which can be purchased either pre-cruise or once on board. For pre-purchase, please contact our Fun Shops department at 1-800-522-7648 Ext. 70039, Monday-Sunday from 9:00am-9:00pm ET. For purchase on board, please contact Room Service. Should you wish to bring your own distilled water with you, it must be hand carried along with your CPAP machine.

I print this off, put a 10' extension cord and triple plug adapter in my case and walk on. There is no reason to inform Carnival you have a CPAP.

For the water comments, using tap water is fine as long as water hardness doesn't come in to play. If it does then calcium can accumulate in the chamber. The fix for this is a white vinegar soak once you get home. I carry mine with me each week on business flights with no problem. A CPAP also does not count as a carry-on for air travel, so don't let that be a factor. 

Edited by BallFour4

I get a new water reservoir every 6 months with cpap supplies.

Now I just save an older one to cruise with, as a “sacrificial”

reservoir, if it gets nasty, I feel fine about tossing it, since I would have 

tossed it anyway…

plus, the tap water is purified and desalinated through reverse osmosis,

which takes almost all the minerals out, right?

• 4 weeks later...

I have brought my CPAP on the last 4 cruises in a back pack...separate from my carry on. Besides the CPAP, I put some clothes in the backpack, mainly to help cushion it. As for water, not only is the boats water ok to use, regular tap water will not harm your machine if used for a week or two. I had a sleep disorder doctor tell me this, and from experience I can attest to it. 🙂

On 2/2/2022 at 12:24 PM, Johnc3211 said:

We are getting liquor in room and want limes for drinks. Can I bring them in luggage? Where can I get them on ship? Also do I have to carry CPCP machine on ship or can I put in luggage. Canival website says carry on but wondered if allowed in luggage. Thanks

You can get limes from any of the bars.  I would carry my CPAP on the ship.  If my CPAP was to break that would ruin the cruise for me and everyone else in the cabin.