Taking wine on board

square Knot

Does HA allow you to bring wine on board when you board in Ft. Lauderdale or when you return to the ship in Carribean ports? I have seen them confiscate liquor, but not sure about wine. Thanks

Yes, you may bring wine aboard. They request that it not be of the same variety as that sold on the ship.

The corkage fee in the dining room is $15.00 per bottle.

This is directly from HAL's website:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/guests/category.do?category=obpolicies&topic=alcohol

<snip>

Except for wine and champagne, alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel's shops or otherwise brought on the ship cannot be consumed on the ship. Bottles and other containers will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage.

How would one know without digging and searching, which wines would be onboard? On some ships the wine list is quite extensive, and do change from time to time. Therefore, I think it's more accurate to follow the information on the website.

They request that it not be of the same variety as that sold on the ship.

To clarify Caviargal, I believe the rule is you can drink any wine you want in your cabin, but they request that you not bring to the dining room table any wine that is on the dining room's wine list. You can check the list once you're on the ship to see if yours is on it.

That is a fair rule as it is followed by most land-based restaurants, too.

This is directly from HAL's website:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/guests/category.do?category=obpolicies&topic=alcohol

<snip>

Except for wine and champagne, alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel's shops or otherwise brought on the ship cannot be consumed on the ship. Bottles and other containers will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage.

How would one know without digging and searching, which wines would be onboard? On some ships the wine list is quite extensive, and do change from time to time. Therefore, I think it's more accurate to follow the information on the website.

I am passing along information provided to me by HAL. I am a group leader for 187 on Zui in 4 weeks. We are bringing wines for special dinners and also for a private tasting. The hotel director made this point with me so I decided to share with the OP.

Archived