How do you obtain copy of the menus?

MHS4

Having just read the thread about Carribean night & checked out the menus posted on the referenced website, this question occured to me. How do you get a copy of each evenings (or for that matter breakfast and/or lunch) menu to keep. It would be a great souvenir & having a scan, I could share. Will be on the Coral in April.

Thanks

Since DH and I have been sailing with Princess, I have wondered why the menus are not available in "miniature" format. Years ago, when we sailed on other lines, I always purchased souvenir menus in the gift shop.

Princess does promote its Courses cookbook that has many original recipes, but the menus would be a nice touch.

Maybe someone from corporate will see this thread and get the hint.

Chris

Ask your waiter, your table captain, or the maitre 'd. They are very used to this request.

Many moons ago, they used to be printed daily, and imprinted with the date, but that went by the wayside years ago, victim of cost-cutting.

Click on the place where it says "Request for Recipes" and they will e-mail you a copy of the menus (pdf file) for your particular cruise. I asked for one for the Mexican Riviera and I think there may be very minor variations from cruise-to-cruise, but it was very close to what we had on our particular cruise.

http://www.princess.com/customer_care/contact.html

Appropriate tip? Thats a personal decision.

Cruzlover, you've been a CruiseCritic member for 5 years - and you've only had 5 posts. That's one a year? You must do a lot of reading...

:-)

Yes, I have to admit I read the boards a lot but don't often post. However, I haven't been cruising for a while. My last cruise was Sept 03 on the Carnival Spirit to Alaska and I can't wait to get back on the high seas. I previously had posts but I see they are gone. Must be because I hadn't posted in a while. I'm on the Dawn Princess to the Mexican Riviera Apr 9.

I have seen the extensive Sabatini menu and I note that on some ships, Sabatini's serve lunch on sea days. I was wondering how much that luncheon menu differs from their dinner menu and if the price is the same?

Dolphins,

Hello. The menu is the same for lunch and dinner as is the price. That being said, I'm not sure which ship you are sailing but Sabatini is no longer open on seas days on the CB - Sterling is open however.

Is it true that Sabatini's is not open for lunch on sea days?!?! That is when we were going to go...

Amy G,

Yes, when we were on the Eastern sailing of CB 1/28 Sabatini was not open on seas days - this was different from our previous sailings on her. Sterling was open. In looking through my Patter's Sterling was open the last sea day only from 11:30-1:30. Again this was on the CB.

We sailed the SUN on Feb 6-16 and followed your advise to email the link to customer service, request for recipe.....today they emailed the 10 day sample menus for the caribbean sailings....thanks so much for this advise....I've copied and added to our cruise memory book.....maybe not 100% what we had but darn close!!! Also I think it is awesome Princess did this as well....I was not expecting that they would......SO THANK YOU cezovski and Princess!!! My memory book is now complete!!:) Now that in IMHO that is outstanding customer service......I don't believe most companies would have cared less to do this.....expecially since our cruise was done:)

Thanks again.....

Sunflower

I also add my thanks for the link.

I also emailed Princess shortly after you posted the link. Our cruise is not until August 19, 2006. I got an email back yesterday which said to please email back the request within one month of sailing as the menus change. FYI for anyone who emails for the menus.

Archived