Koningsdam - Deck 4

JBCall

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had an experience where their cabin was in a "quarantine area" and your cabin was moved.  When were you notified of the move?  We are booked on the Koningsdam for a family trip to Alaska in 4 months.  We selected three adjacent cabins on Deck 4 aft due to the deeper balconies.  If our cabins were to be moved would they keep the group together?

Thanks,

JB

They would probably try to keep you together. And you could likely request another change easily if you were moved away from your group.

Unless they’ve changed the cabins used for the quarantine section, anything aft of cabin 4156 on the port side is not part of the quarantine section.

Just got back 18 day Hawaii Konigsdam cruise. Room 4185, four doors down from quarantine area. They are in a secured hallway so no risk. 6 of our 18 days were too cold to enjoy the huge veranda, so I don’t see the benefit of it in Alaska. 
a couple of pointers:

if you don’t like paper straws, bring your own. 
if you hate wearing masks, reschedule till after mandate is lifted. 

Our May Alaska cruise has already been canceled. Wait on those air ticket. 

2 hours ago, JBCall said:

That is good to know. I was concerned we would be scattered amongst other cabins.

Would it be equivalent on the starboard side (i.e. 4177)?

In November the arriving crew quarantine cabins were port side lifeboat obstructed verandas for the most part between the closed fire doors.  At that time the starboard side was totally open.  I don’t think you will be relocated on your Alaska cruise.

5 hours ago, JBCall said:

That is good to know. I was concerned we would be scattered amongst other cabins.

Would it be equivalent on the starboard side (i.e. 4177)?

In late October we were in cabin 4174 (inside).  We loved the location as it was very quiet and near the rear elevators.  There was convenient access to the main dining room below and the Lido Market above.  If anyone in your group likes mushrooms I recommend the portabella mushroom burger at the Dive In.  It was yummy!

• Like 1

I doubt they will use aft facing cabins for quarantine purposes. They prefer a block of cabins that can be isolated from the rest if the ship - ventilation separate and access controlled and reachable from crew only areas.

Edited by Boytjie