How late can I cancel and or change names on reservation?

IamJPT

Friends are stuck in ny as jet blue has cancelled their flight tomorrow (Friday). we leave on Sat. They are trying to rebook flights but the best they can do is sat morning. We do not have lots of confidence that flight will not be cancelled also. So we are exploring other options. How late can we cancel and or change names on a reservation (we have other friends that live in Florida that could make it). 

• Like 1

Cwc is 48 hours starting from midnight the day of the cruise. So you missed that. There might be a chance you change names, but you'd have to do it tomorrow and at least one person from the original reservation has to stay on so if it's two friends in one cabin that are stuck up north you'd only be able to change one name - if it's not too late. And it might be the day before. 

I'm guessing they don't have travel insurance? Another option to get down here? 

I’m not sure if you could still change names the day before the cruise or not, but least one name from the original reservation must remain on the reservation until the end (as mentioned above).  Remember everyone must complete a health questionnaire no sooner than 24 hours before boarding.  This is often done on the app.  I suspect somebody who answers affirmatively to covid contact is apt to discover his party is denied boarding and thus receive a refund.  Have they been in contact with somebody with covid symptoms?

I, for one would like to know what happened.  I know what we would do, our back up plan for anytime we're heading to FL (we take the Auto Train) is to start driving if weather looks to be a major problem or the train is cancelled.

BTW, can you two please quit bickering?  It's past the point of them being able to use any help and the bickering is definitely not helpful.

• Like 1