Carnival Miracle Dive Excursion-Cozumel?

FliLady

Does anyone know what dive op the Miracle uses in Cozumel? The ship wasn't offering a 2 tank dive in Cozumel, so I started researching booking my own, and now I see they've added a 2-tank as an excursion....so I'm debating on booking privately or thru the ship. I have 2 other ports where I'm diving booked through the ship and thought I would book privately in Cozumel.......but wondering if anyone has experienced the ship excursion..

Very end of Nov. 2005, I was in Cozumel and I'm sorry to say it this way but, the hurricane did the place some good. No longer are the small sidewalks cramped with street vendors/ peddlers. The devastation is apparent; but now they have wider sidewalks, open spacious areas with stores brightly colored that are easy to shop and travel, it's main street isn't as much a hazzard as it was before. Lots of good work going on there rebuilding. I guess there is something to be said about clouds and silver linings. Much of the flavor of Cozumel that i've enjoyed in the past is still alive and well. In the past i'd gotten to the point where I didn't even need to book a dive, just walk in. I knew where I was going and with whom. When the ship would pull into port I went to any of several dive ops. available to me just a short walk or cab ride away. Sweet.

Well, the last time I was there the one thing that had drastically changed, for me, was that the dive shops weren't there anymore. The hurricane had taken it's toll on the diving business. Some friends had gone. WOW!

Don't fret, diving wasn't dead in Cozumel. They just changed the way they did business. They relocated their base of operations. To my suprise when the ship pulled into port the dive operators had made booths and lined one side of the pier much like the days of crowed sidewalks with the vendors. Competitive pricing, negotiating for a deal, business as usual. How resilient! The boats were waiting for me and it was as close as the end of the pier. No ship excursion, no pre independant booking, just walk right up. Tell him what you want (then you get mobbed with offers-be a little discreet-they're working right next to each other), they'll give you a time to meet if already booked or you then go try the next guy...that simple. Don't forget to tell them if you need gear. Sweet.

I don't want to lull you into a false sense of security about how to get a dive op. in Cozumel, but that's what I did 3 months ago. And we all dove happily ever after...The End...Paul:)

Archived