Live Value Cruising Review of Oasis of the Sea 2/6/22 - 2/13/22 Plenty of Pictures!

BennyBrun

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

That vibration was wild and unexpected this morning for me.  But once I felt that sensation it was actually kind of soothing.  Like sitting on top of a dryer lid of feeling 😂 

Yeah.  Depending on the ship,

during docking it can be side thrusters that might last a while or dock lines cranking out/in, which might be shorter in duration.  Definitely been on ships where you certainly can’t sleep through it if you are in the wrong cabins.  

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2022 at 8:18 AM, BennyBrun said:

Day 1

We are still waiting for late comers while watching the basketball game.

A5CD1F1A-1E5C-4001-B305-DEC2756ABB3D.jpeg

@BennyBruncurious, were they not seating on the main level? And why are people seated at the "reserved" seats? I thought people were supposed to sit at the non-reserved seats and leave the reserved seats open for social distancing?

1 minute ago, BazingAu said:

@BennyBruncurious, were they not seating on the main level? And why are people seated at the "reserved" seats? I thought people were supposed to sit at the non-reserved seats and leave the reserved seats open for social distancing?

This is for the B2B check in.  There were only 250 of us so they used the top section for easy access to refreshments.

The cruisers sit at the reserved section, the crew uses the empty row to come to you to check you in for the next leg of the journey.  You have to leave one seat open in between parties.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 2 Perfect Day.

I am still trying to figure out what type of Lavazza coffee bean they use.  I have tried all the bags they sell in different colors and I still haven’t tasted the one NOT to buy.  I don’t think they are brewing Lavazza the ship because I brew Lavazza at home and it does not taste like that 😂 

well overall it is a lot better than what they used to have.  Seattle best I think.

I love the newer coffee and especially in the solarium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

That vibration was wild and unexpected this morning for me.  But once I felt that sensation it was actually kind of soothing.  Like sitting on top of a dryer lid of feeling 😂 

Yes, I know what you mean.  My room at the front of the ship on Anthem recently really moved and shaked a lot while backing in to Coc cay. It took the captain several tries to get in and we were lucky but my goodness the vibrations were amazing and I was below the bridge so the officers were bouncing around as well.  ha ha

Early Indy had to abort and just left

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well overall it is a lot better than what they used to have.  Seattle best I think.

I love the newer coffee and especially in the solarium.

Hmmm I might have to mosey on over there and give it a try 

7 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Yes, I know what you mean.  My room at the front of the ship on Anthem recently really moved and shaked a lot while backing in to Coc cay. It took the captain several tries to get in and we were lucky but my goodness the vibrations were amazing and I was below the bridge so the officers were bouncing around as well.  ha ha

Early Indy had to abort and just left

I can sleep pretty much anything and this woke me up this morning so it was interesting.  Am I going to run down to guest relations and complain?  Absolutely not.  It was just a different experience.

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

I can sleep pretty much anything and this woke me up this morning so it was interesting.  Am I going to run down to guest relations and complain?  Absolutely not.  It was just a different experience.

well customer services would not be able to do anything about ship movements. I think normally thrusters are not too bad, but they are if very windy. that is what we had - high winds. 

I just would have though the aft would have had more vibration that the bow.

• Like 1