Question on departing Ovation Alaska cruise.

Karter

We are booked on the Ovation this July and I am trying to make plans for our departure. Does anyone know if it is reasonable to get off the ship and to the AMTRAK station for a train that leaves at 9:50 A.M with enough time to spare if we are late arriving? I do know it is 4 miles from the port.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Bxc53 said:

In my experience cruising to/from Vancouver and living nearby just across the border:

It would be very tight with a very good chance of missing the train. Also in flux are the Canadian Covid entry requirements. If it were me, I would look at later options.

Ovation is sailing from Seattle

The Westlake Station, 4th Ave, Pine St, Seattle, WA 98101 is about a 13 minute walk, light rail station will get you to International District/Chinatown station, next to Amtrak Union Station. Be safe plan a hour for overall 

13 minutes ago, Karter said:

Sorry

I should have said from the port of Seattle to the AMTRAK station.

Sorry about my earlier incorrect assumption, but it would still be tight.

Ship docks at 6AM, but actual debarkation is of course somewhat later. You are coming in from Victoria, Canada so there will be Customs to clear. So, if you handle your own bags and get one if the early departure times, don't hit any snags in Customs and are able to get a taxi or uber without waiting , you should just make it.. Again, I would have a Plan B if it were me..

1 minute ago, cdraven said:

that is from starting point pier 66

I'm pretty sure they will dock at Pier 90, farther north in Magnolia. 4 miles driving, not really walkable. And it will be Friday AM rush hour.

• Like 2

Fridays is the busiest day at Pier 91 with the Ovation and the Solstice both there.  I would recommend that you do plan to 'self assist' yourselves off the ship, and either take a taxi or Uber to the Amtrak station.  You should have no problem catching a 10 am train.  Depending on which train you are taking, you may have to line up to get your seat assignment.  Other trains, you are directed to a particular train car and you just take whichever seat you wish.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cdraven said:

The Westlake Station, 4th Ave, Pine St, Seattle, WA 98101 is about a 13 minute walk, light rail station will get you to International District/Chinatown station, next to Amtrak Union Station. Be safe plan a hour for overall 

That would be from pier 66.  Ovation will be at pier 91.  Lightrail not an option from there.  

1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

Do not worry about late arriving in port.  The distance from Victoria to Seattle is about 80 miles.

As mentioned, it should be no problem if you do self-assist and take Taxi/Uber/lift to King Street.

Assuming they are allowed to dock at Victoria.