Questions about onboard credit & drink coupons

sha308

I am planning on another cruise in Dec. was on the Celebration in March,when can I start doing the onboard credit thing?Have my booking# but have a gauarentee cabin for now did this for the last cruise sure helps the budget,also I had some drink coupons left over will they still be good?

I don't know about the drink coupons, but with a GTY cabin you have to call the 800 number for the onboard credit or to buy more coupons.

Dawn

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;3;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500until Century

Then let the countdown to the Miracle 08/07/04 begin

Fantasy - 02/04

We had leftover drink coupons from our Glory cruise in September. We used them on both the Conquest and the Sensation without any problem whatsoever. Kathy

~~ Until the Hounds set sail on the Mariner ~~

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;09;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Originally posted by sha308:

when can I start doing the onboard credit thing?

Not sure exactly what you mean. 'Splain, please?

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am planning on another cruise in Dec <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can start piling on the onboard credit right now. As soon as you have a confirmed booking number, even though you do not have a cabin number, you can start applying credit.

Just call Carnival to do it.

More and more passengers are doing this as an excellent way to budget. They call every so often, on a schedule (like on every payday, for example) and "buy" credit via Funship Dollars. By the time they cruise they've got a big hunk if not all of their anticipated onboard expenses prepaid. If they have enough they don't even have to put up a cash or credit card guarantee to begin with, only if their funds drop below a certain level....much like those who guarantee their Sign and Sail cards with travelers checks or cash.

I think its a great idea. We started doing prepaid gratuities on our last cruise and not having to take that big hit on our account early in the cruise was awesome.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

In 1999 I got drink coupons and had a lot left over. I was then able to use them on my cruise in 2002. (talk about a huge savings) only gotta remember to bring them with you.

They do not have on the coupons any date or ship name, no expiration date either.

Keep watching online to see if your sailing has dropped any. Look at your agents web page or on Carnivals page to see the prices. When it drops down less then what you paid ask for a onboard credit or an upgrade.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

OK, I guess you're talking about what Chris is referring to. I thought maybe you meant how to GET 'free' shipboard credits. Gotcha now. And I've already started checking on any reduced fares for my Nov. cruise. Fun, isn't it?

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

DOes anyone know what the minimum per person requirment is for sign and sail cards? What I am referring to is how much will they hold on my credit card? I have 2 adults and one child and we already have a ship board credit of $510.00. Thanks for your help!!

StacyM, things to consider: sail and sign will have tips for 3 people on it. Are you booking any Carnival excursions? Will you use the paid babysitting service? Average amount of drinking you plan to do. Spa services.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

Archived