Orient Cruise - Anyone know what these ports are like?

wolfegizmo

Because of timing, the best Asian cruise for us to take has the following ports: Okaka; Nagasaki; Vladivostok, Russia; Pusan, South Korea, Shanghai, Dalian, China, and Xingang.

We're not sure if the trip is worth it - anyone know anything about Dalian, China, Vladivowstok, Russia, and Pusan, south Korea?

Thanks!

Well, Wolfegizmo, I was sure that someone on this board would have some information to share regarding Asian ports. There are many well travelled folks on this board who have a wealth of knowledge (and who are so willing to help).

So how about it folks...I was the one who suggested Wolfegizmo post here for some advice. ;)

I think your broad question might be better answered on the Ports of Call Forum, under Asia.

I've been to Pusan - didn't think much of it.

I found Vladivostock very interesting, particularly the harbor, with all the derelict warships of the former Soviet Pacific Fleet. City itself falling apart, and citizens have no idea how to fix it - waiting for the government to do it for them. Much more Western influence there than I would have thought - I was expecting much more Asian influence.

Haven't been to Dalian, China.

Archived