Le Voyage Reservations open

ncgolferette

18 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

You've probably found the answer, it isn't a 3 Star Michelin experience.

There are only 135 - 3 Star Michelin restaurants in the entire world.  I don't think anyone expects that on the ship.  If they do, they don't understand what dining in a 3 Star Michelin restaurant is like.  But I do expect Le Voyage to be Beyond's premier, fine dining experience,  I expect they will have the best servers on board, and selected and vetted cooks and chefs to work in the venue.  From the videos I've seen, the ambiance looks luxe. I've worked my entire life as an executive in the hospitality industry and I'm willing to pay $75 pp for this experience.  It may not be as incredible as dining at Daniel in NYC, but that would likely be a $250pp experience or more.  I spend at a minimum $75pp for dinner every Saturday night in a local decent restaurant, so it's a no brainer for me to experience Le Voyage.  Obviously for others, it may not be worth it to them.  On the other hand, I'm half expecting to leave Le Voyage a little hungry, because I am expecting small, hand crafted portions, so I hope the buffet is open late if that's the case. 

• Like 1

One other note:  I didn't reserve the wine pairing dinner for $125 per person because we'll have the Premium beverage package. If we want a few glasses of good wine to accompany the food, we can pay the cost over what's included in the package, and that will likely be less than the difference in cost with the food only $75pp cost. 

2 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Sounds priceless to me.

Sometimes it's nice to experience quality and not quantity.

To each his/her own.  I am pretty certain you spend money on things which I'd be judgy about too. 

Edited by mfs2k
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Sometimes it's nice to experience quality and not quantity.

To each his/her own.  I am pretty certain you spend money on things which I'd be judgy about too. 

I agree with the concept of quality vs quantity but there is also a minimum acceptable quantity.  If you leave a restaurant hungry, that's just wrong.  If you enjoy it, that's great.

2 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I agree with the concept of quality vs quantity but there is also a minimum acceptable quantity.  If you leave a restaurant hungry, that's just wrong.  If you enjoy it, that's great.

Perhaps it's more a statement of my gluttony and overeating than a statement about the restaurant. 😁

• Haha 1