Solo Azamara?

ILgirl

I have taken four solo Celebrity Caribbean cruises in the past year and have enjoyed each one.  I’ve been to the islands so many times I’ve elected to stay on board and just enjoy the ship experience.  I’m thinking of branching out and trying a European cruise on Azamara.  This involves a much smaller ship, e.g. 650 passengers, and shore excursions at most if not all ports.  I’m wondering if anyone can provide first hand comments on their experience traveling solo in Europe.  Thanks!

Hey! Just got off an Azamara Jewels of the Med over Thanksgiving (*right* before Omicron hit) and have a June one booked. Both as a solo cruiser.

I had a good experience in November and it was good enough that I'm going again. The food and service were great. I wasn't impressed by the guy they had on board doing "informational" presentations about each port but that was the 'worst' thing. The crew were friendly and helpful and learned our names fast. Due to covid the ship was well below capacity and it did feel a bit empty at times but I really think that's just covid and nothing to be done. Hopefully will improve in the future.

I will say that the port schedule was busy! We were in port everyday and it felt really go-go-go. Coming from NCL Caribbean cruises it was definitely busier and I had to opt myself out of a couple of ports to relax. Part of this is that the smaller ships are really close to towns and the locations have a lot more going on than some Caribbean ports that are just vacation destinations. Not necessarily a negative but something to keep in mind.

Let me know if you have other questions!

• Like 2