Gifted a Saver Fare Cruise plus Gift Cards - Can we order things b4 cruise but use gc to pay?

Peira

New to Cruise Critic, and new to Princess.

We've been gifted a Sky Princess cruise at the saver rate, and lots of $50/$100 gift cards. As much as we'd like to buy up to the Princess Plus, without getting into specifics let's just say for diplomatic reasons, we can't. Believe me, if we could, we would.

Once we get on, I think we bring the cards to the front desk and have them load them to our cabin account. Is there a way to order things before we get on - coffee cards, wifi - but not pay for them until we get onboard so we can use the gift cards? I think there's savings for wifi and coffee card if we buy in advance?

55 minutes ago, Peira said:

New to Cruise Critic, and new to Princess.

We've been gifted a Sky Princess cruise at the saver rate, and lots of $50/$100 gift cards. As much as we'd like to buy up to the Princess Plus, without getting into specifics let's just say for diplomatic reasons, we can't. Believe me, if we could, we would.

Once we get on, I think we bring the cards to the front desk and have them load them to our cabin account. Is there a way to order things before we get on - coffee cards, wifi - but not pay for them until we get onboard so we can use the gift cards? I think there's savings for wifi and coffee card if we buy in advance?

You can call Princess and apply your gift cards as OBC or use to purchase specific items  ahead of time.
You can’t place a hold and then use GC once onboard. 

Once you've redeemed the cards with Princess make sure you hold onto them, no personal experience but I've read where if a refund is necessary it goes back on the card.  I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm or deny lol.

Have a great cruise the Sky is beautiful and coincidentally our first Princess ship as well.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Once you've redeemed the cards with Princess make sure you hold onto them, no personal experience but I've read where if a refund is necessary it goes back on the card.  I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm or deny lol.

Have a great cruise the Sky is beautiful and coincidentally our first Princess ship as well.

This is correct, we had over $1,000 of excursions booked on GC once we cancelled the funds went back to the same cards. 

• Like 1