Luggage Transfer from Gran Canaria airport to ship

Hi everyone

In a couple of weeks we are flying to  Gran Canaria to board Explorer. Does anyone know if we have to collect our luggage from the airport carousel and then proceed to the transfer coach?  We are used to going on P&O cruises to the Caribbean and once you have put your luggage into check in at the airport you don’t see it again until it appears outside your cabin. This is a really good system and we were wondering if Marella have a similar arrangement.

thanks

42 minutes ago, pennib said:

Hi everyone

In a couple of weeks we are flying to  Gran Canaria to board Explorer. Does anyone know if we have to collect our luggage from the airport carousel and then proceed to the transfer coach?  We are used to going on P&O cruises to the Caribbean and once you have put your luggage into check in at the airport you don’t see it again until it appears outside your cabin. This is a really good system and we were wondering if Marella have a similar arrangement.

thanks

No ,you collect

1 hour ago, pennib said:

Hi everyone

thanks

Hi Pennib.

In my experience  Marella have only use the bonded luggage system for the Caribbean cruises and Croatia ( Dubrovnic. ), It’s always been wait at the carousel for the Canaries trips.😉

As an aside...I had damage to my suitcase at Newcastle (UK cruise) and Tui refused to pay for another, the handle was completely trashed. They told me to claim on my own insurance which was pointless given the 50 excess.

Apparently they only deal with damaged luggage through the airline not UK cruises. I was so annoyed as I now have to buy another.