Deck 2 and 3 oceanview

flamingos

10 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

When we started cruising many years ago, we always booked oceanview cabins on the lower decks. I don't remember having a problem with any of them. Being low, they are close to the water so you'll get a better view of the waves.

I like them - smoother if seas are rough ,closer to DR, guest services, and  other services

• Like 1

I had a deck 3 OV on the Serenade. I did not enjoy it at all.

The portholes were very thick because of waves hitting it.  This caused a strong distortion which bothered my eyes and I had to keep my curtains closed for almost 16 days.

Since then I book interiors and leave my TV on to the webcam channel without sound to get some light and views.  Of course, Virtual Balconies are much better

• Like 1

We stayed in one a bunch of years ago and were quite surprised in the morning to find the gangway was right above/adjacent to our window 🙂

We had slept in and had left the curtains open the night before so be aware of where you are relative to the gangways.

2 hours ago, GJustice said:

We stayed in one a bunch of years ago and were quite surprised in the morning to find the gangway was right above/adjacent to our window 🙂

We had slept in and had left the curtains open the night before so be aware of where you are relative to the gangways.

We had the same experience. We always keep the curtains open when we sleep. We woke up in port one morning and practically had people staring in our window. A word to the wise, it's okay to keep the curtains open but you may want to see what's outside the window before any hanky panky begins. 😁

• Haha 1