Quantum Noodle Shop

robntawn

As I recall, when it was announced that the Quantum was coming to Seattle in 2021 It was mentioned that the Noodle Shop would be changed.  So many projects were put on hold with Covid, it may have been put off when the 2021 season was cancelled.  As it stands now the ship is coming to Seattle in May off 2022 so there will be some information known before too long.  At this point it is still showing on the deck plans for 2023.  We are booked to sail on it this May so I will have a better idea then.   

As a side note.  When the Ovation first came to Seattle in 2019, the space was converted to what is now Fish and Ships.  The conversion was done during the Trans-Pacific voyage.

Booooo.  I was looking forward to it for my August cruise this year.  darn.

Ya know when they take back the ships from the Asian market, sometimes the conversions are not so great.  For instance, on Ovation they put a very small shop next to Music Hall instead of including that area inside the Music Hall like Anthem OTS has.   It would have provided at least 12-15 more seats for the upper part of Music Hall.   The gift shop had a lousy selection of items with logo.  It did not even have a hat with then ship's name but rather the boring logo of RCi.    

Chiming in to say that I am wondering about this too. On the Quantum "things to do" page, it's not listed under dining. But then again, neither is the Solarium Bistro, so it just might not be updated. I do hope they keep the noodle shop. Eating a nice hot bowl of noodle soup while looking out over a chilly bay after a cold and rainy day exploring would be delightful. 

2 hours ago, ChanaC said:

Chiming in to say that I am wondering about this too. On the Quantum "things to do" page, it's not listed under dining. But then again, neither is the Solarium Bistro, so it just might not be updated. I do hope they keep the noodle shop. Eating a nice hot bowl of noodle soup while looking out over a chilly bay after a cold and rainy day exploring would be delightful. 

I am rather hoping that our days of exploring are not cold and rainy.  It would be nice if the Noodle shop was this there.

I just did a check using the app and looked at the current sailing out of Singapore.

In looking at dining options it does not show the Noodle Shop.

The deck plans show Splashaway Cafe in that location.

The dining options does not mention Splashaway Cafe...

A little confusing. 

• Like 1

I found some more information on what Splashaway Cafe is.

SPLISH SPLASH SNACKTIME

Treat your little ones to a tasty snack-a-thon made just for them. Located right near the kids’ pool area, Splashaway Café is the perfect flip-flop-friendly spot to fuel up in between epic adventures onboard.

MENU HIGHLIGHTS

The mini hot dogs, chicken tenders, and sesame fried chicken are classics at Splashaway Café, but this family-friendly hotspot also serves up an extensive selection of Asian-inspired entrees. Try the Rou Jia Ma, a hamburger-like snack of tasty meat and veggies served in a soft, doughy bun. Or go for the spicy Kung Pao chicken, served on fluffy white rice. Craving something warm and comforting? It doesn’t get better than Splashaway Café’s selection of tasty steaming hot soups. Finish up the meal with an ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie, fresh fruit skewers, or creamy mango pudding.

PRO TIP

You can enjoy your meal at Splashaway Café or take it to go as you race off to your next adventure.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

As Quantum's arrival in Seattle gets closer, has anyone been able to confirm the Noodle Shop's fate?

If it's not left in place, i'm hoping it's Splashaway Cafe instead of Fish and Ships.... 

Since the ship will be coming to Seattle without passengers, we will probably not get any information until the first sailing from Seattle.  She is currently on her way to South Korea.

On 4/12/2022 at 3:56 PM, Blizzard54 said:

Since the ship will be coming to Seattle without passengers, we will probably not get any information until the first sailing from Seattle.  She is currently on her way to South Korea.

Do we know (by we, I mean someone here more technically adept than I am) know when her first sailing out of Seattle is?

We were on her last proper cruise from China to Singapore,pre cruise it was difficult to find out what would be changing when she left China,RCI gave conflicting reports,on e story was that the Noodle Shop would revert to Johnny Rockets,that didn't happen,on the first night the pub still had a sign outside showing the Chinese delicacies Chickens Feet & Fish,that had vanished by the next day never to be seen again,I got the impression that they were making it up as they went along!

2 hours ago, CatLadyFemme said:

Do we know (by we, I mean someone here more technically adept than I am) know when her first sailing out of Seattle is?

The first revenue sailing is May 4 for five nights out of Seattle round trip.   After that she begins her weekly 7 night Alaska cruise season.

Other ships have performed "test' cruises before starting revenue service.  Radiance and Ovation both have plans for test cruises very soon.  No word that I've seen to indicate Quantum will perform a test cruise before May 4.  

• Thanks 1