Carnival Pride Questions

richbum

Hi there...Hoping to go on the Pride next year.....Is there a "secret door" to go up front and watch the sail away? We did this on the Destiney (Yes it's been a while since I cruised)  What's the current price for the steakhouse? Thanks in advance!

There's no "secret door", but there is a gate towards the front on deck 9 that allows you to get up to the bow where there's a nice view.  Not sure about watching the sail away from there, but that's where I stayed for a good portion of our Panama Canal passage.  

And the steakhouse is $38 per person.

17 minutes ago, richbum said:

I don't think the kids programs are running right now...but when they do...what is the youngest age that can go. We will have a 16 month old with us...

Kids clubs are open for vaccinated children.

On 2/14/2022 at 2:57 PM, richbum said:

Is there a "secret door" to go up front and watch the sail away?

Walk through the glass partition on deck 9 to go up front, there will be 2 glass doors up there, one is crew only (to the bridge), the next one (and it's easy to miss) will take you out on top of the bridge.

On 2/14/2022 at 2:57 PM, richbum said:

Hi there...Hoping to go on the Pride next year.....Is there a "secret door" to go up front and watch the sail away? We did this on the Destiney (Yes it's been a while since I cruised)  What's the current price for the steakhouse? Thanks in advance!

Often the "secret door" refers to doors leading to the walkway in front of the forward, 4J cabins on ships that have them, which the Destiny/Sunshine has, We've taken several cruises on the Sunshine and other ships in those cabins, one of our favorite cabin types. We've even stayed in, interior cabins where the 4J's we sold out, forward enough to use that walkway. The Pride does not have those forward cabins, so no walkway. There are decent views on deck 9 I think all the way forward, with access to viewing areas from doors off deck 9 to the top of the ends of the bridge.

I always enjoyed watching the sail away from the highest open deck around the funnel, just above David’s Steakhouse. It’s usually not crowded and has a great view. In Baltimore it seemed like you could almost touch the bottom of the Key Bridge as the Pride sailed under.