Cancellation FCC/OBC - moving to another cruise?

Virga

So we have a handful of Covid cancellation credits from Australian cruises that didn't pan out, and made the mistake of assuming that the emails we received when they were cancelled were accurate.  The first one had a select / book by date of 31 March, the next 31 May, and the most recent 31 July. 

Unfortunately, my PVP said that thatv is only if I'm rebooking Australian cruises - that domestic or European cruises must ALL be booked by 31 March.  I asked him to please verify that the email I received was inaccurate, and he came back saying that admin had confirmed that the rules state 31 July for Australian cruises, and 31 March for domestic cruises, with no mention of European cruises either way.

I immediately called Carnival, and after 97 minutes was connected to another passenger who had been waiting even longer - ugh.  Tried again and the representative assured me that I had until July.  That's when my PVP came back with the confirmation from admin that I only have until the end of March.  So I called again, and this time was told my PVP was correct, that the book by date is different depending on the region I rebook in.  That representative believed that I couldn't use the credit on European cruises at all, and transferred me to resolutions who kindly (?) added notes to one of my reservations specifically permitting me to use it for a European sailing.  

I asked John Heald to please shed some light on this, and he assured me that he'd see to it that the right people were make aware of the discrepancy.  I have not heard back yet, I figure I'll give it a week (he responded last Tuesday) before I see if he heard anything back.

In the meantime, though, I realized that if these credits can be freely moved between cruises, it's no skin off me to book some 'extra' cruises now and transfer the credits later when I'm booking for 2023.  We don't mind locking ourselves in on wherever couple weekend cruises, but I want the OBC on cruises where we'll be booking excursions or pricey drink packages.

Does anyone know how this works?  I reached out to my PVP but he's likely pretty busy with least minute cancellations.  Alternatively, does anyone have anything concrete about the book by dates for the cancellation credit offers?  Thanks so much!