Virgin App Update?

SteelCity Cruiser

Tried to open the Virgin App just now (opened fine earlier this morning) and I get a message that the app has to update.  I click the link and it takes me to the Play Store with only uninstall and install options.  So I uninstalled the old version and then reinstalled again from the Play Store.  Same thing happens when I open the app again - "Needs to be updated" which links back to the Play Store.  Endless loop.

We leave for our cruise on Friday & would like to have this fixed before then.  Anyone else experiencing this?

1 minute ago, dukefan94 said:

I just went to my app and was able to do the update without trouble (although my cruise is further away). It took me to the App Store and I had the option to "update."

Well, well, well, Update option now available in the Play Store.  Believe me it wasn't there two hours ago

• Like 1

As someone who is responsible for pushing app updates, I can clarify that the Google Play and Apple stores make apps available to customers in waves that they control, not the app owners.  So when you see the update message in the app it is usually because the app checks a setting in the system that identifies the current app version according to the server but the app stores still have to catch up to that in making it available to customers.  

The more you know...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ociana said:

As someone who is responsible for pushing app updates, I can clarify that the Google Play and Apple stores make apps available to customers in waves that they control, not the app owners.  So when you see the update message in the app it is usually because the app checks a setting in the system that identifies the current app version according to the server but the app stores still have to catch up to that in making it available to customers.  

The more you know...

Thanks for the explanation-makes sense. Given the problems I've had already, and others reported, I wasn't sure what the deal was.