Copacabana Beach

espmass

Current information-  one of our favorite beaches.  Went there yesterday 2/14 while on our cruise.  Cab was $10 per person each way and about a 10-15 minute ride.  Cabs wait until they are full so there can be a bit of a wait when leaving the port area.  Two chairs plus an umbrella were $25.  The beach has clean restrooms and a bar with drinks and food.  They have waitstaff that walk around the chairs taking orders.  Sand is very soft with no rocks.  Boats and jet skis are available offering rides and to see the turtles, etc.  

On 2/15/2022 at 2:37 PM, espmass said:

Current information-  one of our favorite beaches.  Went there yesterday 2/14 while on our cruise.  Cab was $10 per person each way and about a 10-15 minute ride.  Cabs wait until they are full so there can be a bit of a wait when leaving the port area.  Two chairs plus an umbrella were $25.  The beach has clean restrooms and a bar with drinks and food.  They have waitstaff that walk around the chairs taking orders.  Sand is very soft with no rocks.  Boats and jet skis are available offering rides and to see the turtles, etc.  

Did you walk to the cruise terminal and grab a cab from there? 

Thanks for posting this! Will be stopping in Bridgetown on my cruise coming up and was worried about being able to get to the beach after a cruise line excursion. So when we get dropped back off from our cruise excursion, we should be able to easily get a cab to the beach? Are most of the cabs larger vehicles like vans, or were there some normal car-size ones? We're just a couple traveling together so the waiting part does worry me a bit time-wise.

On 3/3/2022 at 7:43 AM, octopusxparty said:

Thanks for posting this! Will be stopping in Bridgetown on my cruise coming up and was worried about being able to get to the beach after a cruise line excursion. So when we get dropped back off from our cruise excursion, we should be able to easily get a cab to the beach? Are most of the cabs larger vehicles like vans, or were there some normal car-size ones? We're just a couple traveling together so the waiting part does worry me a bit time-wise.

Seemed to be mostly van type where we had to wait for them to fill up.  There may have been single cabs that we didn't notice and I assume you could pay more to take an empty van cab. 

• 1 month later...
Guest TopoChico
On 3/7/2022 at 7:36 AM, espmass said:

Seemed to be mostly van type where we had to wait for them to fill up.  There may have been single cabs that we didn't notice and I assume you could pay more to take an empty van cab. 

Super easy 5 minute drive to get to/from Brandon’s Beach from the terminal. It cost us $15 round trip for two people in a car. I won’t ride in congested vans full of maskless people, and we had no problem on any island getting car rides on our own.

Here’s a photo of Brandon’s, it was absolutely beautiful! It’s long for beach walking, clean with calm crystal clear water and hardly anyone there. There’s a nice little bar with chairs and umbrellas to rent and reasonable prices.
 Don’t let cabbies talk you out of going there for somewhere further -

longer rides = higher $fares. We tried walking but it’s a hike with beach bags, etc.6BBE1C89-7A6F-4375-8B3A-1F335EF9FFB2.thumb.jpeg.dbd4ba7c05ca92926720a7ba9d94efae.jpegFF8E8D62-9FA5-4DEF-A994-DF217E504943.thumb.jpeg.2f4789fb5f233214ce97300975fe9b84.jpeg

Edited by TopoChico