Elation Cruise- Grand Turk and Amber Cove

wardwhitty

We are sailing on the Elation March 5th to Grand Turk and Amber Cove.    It looks like an NCL will be with us at Grand Turk and a Celebrity and NCL will be with us in Amber Cove.  I thought these 2 ports were Carnival’s private beach clubs. Has anyone seen other ships here ?

11 hours ago, wardwhitty said:

We are sailing on the Elation March 5th to Grand Turk and Amber Cove.    It looks like an NCL will be with us at Grand Turk and a Celebrity and NCL will be with us in Amber Cove.  I thought these 2 ports were Carnival’s private beach clubs. Has anyone seen other ships here ?

We were at Grand Turk 12/28 and Enchanted Princess made a late arrival, seemed like it was at least noon or later(?). We were already down the beach at Jack's Shack so it was barely noticeable. 

2 other ships at Amber Cove with you is a bummer. I thought they were limiting capacity there, guess not. It is a good sized set-up, just seems like 3 ships is at least 1 too many.

Neither are "private" like HMC, although I think Carnival may have been the major investor in the port areas there.

Since the pandemic, NCL has not sailed to Grand Turk yet and from what i read the port still seems to be exclusive to Carnival and Carnival Corporation for now

For Amber Cove: NCL, Celebrity and other cruise lines will dock at a new pier a few miles down the road called Taino Bay. You will never seen them at Amber Cove. Like Grand Turk, the Amber Cove area is exclusive to Carnival and Carnival Corporation (HAL, Princess,etc)