Pre purchase wi fi Medallion, conflicting reports on here and from Princess

sha1955

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

One device means connected with one device at a time.  You could have ten devices - whatever.  Also, you could have one plan and both cabinmates share the access.  You just need the login credentials for the cabin to login.  But only one person at a time even if you have two devices - IF you only have one plan and one login credential paid.

thank you for explaination! going away to me means 'going away' from being tied to the internet other than checking in back home. 

I’m confused by all this talk about purchasing a wi-if package. Isn’t the wi-if (1 device) part of the cruise fare? Is there an upgraded version of wi-if that I should be looking at? (We’ll be doing the Baltic in 2023, and I know that wi-if can be a challenge at northern latitudes.) Also, what is the Princess Plus I’m reading about?

1 minute ago, FirstTeacher said:

I’m confused by all this talk about purchasing a wi-if package. Isn’t the wi-if (1 device) part of the cruise fare? Is there an upgraded version of wi-if that I should be looking at? (We’ll be doing the Baltic in 2023, and I know that wi-if can be a challenge at northern latitudes.) Also, what is the Princess Plus I’m reading about?

Isnt one device part of the cruise fare?  It could be IF you paid for "Princess Plus" (which you also asked about).  

Princess has 2 pricing plans. There is the bare bones fare, that has no added benefits and 'Princess Plus" (also known as "The Best Sale Ever" sometimes).  Princess Plus is about $40 a day per person over the base rate. It includes 1 device, the premier drink plan (up to 15 alcoholic drinks per day), prepaid tips, and perhaps one more benefit that may be slipping my mind.  

So IF you booked with the Princess Plus fare, then yes, you have 1 device.  Some of us question the value that the added $40 per day package adds.  

23 hours ago, sirclean said:

Isnt one device part of the cruise fare?  It could be IF you paid for "Princess Plus" (which you also asked about).  

Princess has 2 pricing plans. There is the bare bones fare, that has no added benefits and 'Princess Plus" (also known as "The Best Sale Ever" sometimes).  Princess Plus is about $40 a day per person over the base rate. It includes 1 device, the premier drink plan (up to 15 alcoholic drinks per day), prepaid tips, and perhaps one more benefit that may be slipping my mind.  

So IF you booked with the Princess Plus fare, then yes, you have 1 device.  Some of us question the value that the added $40 per day package adds.  

Thanks for the clarification. I did book with Princess Plus so I’m all set. 

My other issue, though, was whether there’s an enhanced WiFi that might be necessary for northern climes. (On Celebrity, you pay extra for a faster WiFi.)

"My other issue, though, was whether there’s an enhanced WiFi that might be necessary for northern climes. (On Celebrity, you pay extra for a faster WiFi.) "

The answer is no enhanced WIFI on any Princess ship available to passengers.

Each person in your cabin has one device service available to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just replying to my own topic as I now have the answer from a superb Princess rep who knows what she is doing!

You can use the 50% platinum discount on multi or single device plans.

If you buy in advance the discount is added later as obc.

I am furious that I have been given erroneous information from Princess employees, one apparently a manager. I am particularly aggrieved that one of them spoke to me like I was a nuisance and read back to me the notes left when I originally phoned in, suggesting I was wasting her time.  

I am grateful for all the expertise here on Cruise Critic where you get the correct answers. ☺️