Question for RCI past passengers re: Beverage Pkg...

Shugibugi

Just booked the Navigator of the Seas to the Mexican Riviera for Christmas this year.  It has been a long time since cruising with Royal Caribbean for us.  We were wondering about the Deluxe Beverage package for my husband and I.  On other cruise lines, free drinks and/or specialty dining promotion has been included as a perk, of course paying gratuities on your booking.  We just like having our drinks paid for or included in advance.  Seems RCI doesn't do that.  Do they ever offer a beverage package promotion throughout the year?  If not, when is the best time to purchase for the best discount?   I heard something about Black Friday.  

Thank you in advance for your advice!

1 hour ago, Shugibugi said:

Just booked the Navigator of the Seas to the Mexican Riviera for Christmas this year.  It has been a long time since cruising with Royal Caribbean for us.  We were wondering about the Deluxe Beverage package for my husband and I.  On other cruise lines, free drinks and/or specialty dining promotion has been included as a perk, of course paying gratuities on your booking.  We just like having our drinks paid for or included in advance.  Seems RCI doesn't do that.  Do they ever offer a beverage package promotion throughout the year?  If not, when is the best time to purchase for the best discount?   I heard something about Black Friday.  

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Just got off Navigator,  Deluxe Beverage Package was $89 + 18% pppd  if purchased onboard. It was in the cruise planner a month or so before sailing at $54.00 + 18%, $50/$52 is about the lowest it goes.  Package includes fresh OJ, specialty coffee and sparkling water.  If you reserve now and find it at a lower price before your cruise you can cancel and repurchase. If you pay as you go most cocktails run $13 or under with beer around $6. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

And the pricing does appear to vary based on the trip.  Our next one I don't think I've seen lower than $64/day plus 18% - and this was Black Friday. I doubt the both of us could keep up that pace for 13 sea days without the "CHECK LIVER" light coming on.  

Normally I'm very much in the "just do it" camp because you know going in what your bill is going to be.  No anxiety wondering how much that one's gonna cost and gingerly checking that SeaPass statement on the last day; but $64/day plus 18% x 2 x 13?  OUCH!!!  If yours is closer to 7 nights, at those prices I say just go for it.  I know when we last did Celebrity they did throw in a package, but we were also paying a bit more for that trip.

Now this said, we're in a Suite so between the Happy Hour in the Suite lounge and 4 drink vouchers daily for Diamond Status, we ought to be OK. I really don't go too crazy during the daytime.  In previous days you didn't need to BOTH get the package, so we'd just do it for DW and I'd hold to the letter of the law - though maybe not the spirit as a well-tipped and/or regularly visited bartender would slide me a freebie when serving the Mrs. 

Edited by MichaelCMTX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1