Booking testing at check in prior to March 1

Trish Traveler

Just booked a last minute cruise out of Port Canaveral for next week.  I chose check in times yesterday.  Link for covid test times said not available yet if you booked within the last 48 hours.  I want to check again today to see if I can pick my test times and I can't find anywhere online to get me back there.  Anyone know how to do this before I call NCL.  TIA

6 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Are you within 3 days prior to your cruise embarkation?  If so, you won't be able to do the Check-In.

If 4 or more days, log-in to your My NCL. Select your cruise, and when it opens, look for CHECK IN!

Open that!!!

I'm over a week out.  I already did CHECK IN yesterday.  When I picked my check in time, there was a link to book a covid test.  That link said not available if I booked in the last 48 hours.  I went back to my check in just now.  I'm looking at #7 Health & Safety, I see my check in time, but no link or info to book the covid test. ??

2 minutes ago, Trish Traveler said:

I'm over a week out.  I already did CHECK IN yesterday.  When I picked my check in time, there was a link to book a covid test.  That link said not available if I booked in the last 48 hours.  I went back to my check in just now.  I'm looking at #7 Health & Safety, I see my check in time, but no link or info to book the covid test. ??

Perhaps you'll need assistance from NCL, since your account is not allowing you to complete that.

I have completed check-in for our Bliss cruise in 11 days, out of LA.  I chose our check-in time and set up an Eurofins account, but see no place to actually book the time for my test.  I just assumed that my check-in time reserved my testing time as well.  Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Trish Traveler said:

So I just spoke with NCL and he thought it was only one check in time you are assigned, and that my check in shows completed??  So, is it just the one check in time and you go then and just begin with the covid test??  

I also found this very confusing. We had a late January cruise on Escape. The check in time was the only time we were given. The testing is the first part of the check in, so there is no other time given. I was able to get the bar codes for the Eurofin testing and that seemed to speed things up, but no separate time for testing versus check in. In our case we were about a half hour early. No one checked times and we were just sent through the testing tents. Of course our cruise was less than a third full, so it may be different if there are more passengers.

3 hours ago, Trish Traveler said:

So I just spoke with NCL and he thought it was only one check in time you are assigned, and that my check in shows completed??  So, is it just the one check in time and you go then and just begin with the covid test??  

Yes, this is correct.  If your check in test is scheduled for 9:30, get there a few minutes early to drop off your luggage with the porter. When walk across the street to the first tent on the left. You will go thru that one for your self swab, exit that tent and walk to the 2nd one.  Sit there until either 20 minutes passes or you get a text.  Once you do that, they will give you a wristband (color varies by week...mine was lime green).  Head back across the street to the actual terminal, show your wrist at the bottom of the escalator and head up to the check in counter (lines are Latitudes, CAS or regular).  It is very well organized and depending on the time you arrive about 30 minutes from when you enter the first tent to completion. We arrived at 9:15 and were on the ship before 11am.

UPDATE:  Today I was able to register for the covid test.  So, it was 48 hours required from when I first booked the cruise for me to be able to do this.  So, under check in, #7 Health and safety, below where you choose your one and only check in time (I was originally confused and thought I needed a second test check in time also).  The link reappeared today REGISTER WITH PORT TESTING PARTNER which assigns you a specific number and takes you to the CVS site for NCL (this is for Port Canaveral, don't know about other ports).  And it specifically says you do not need to reserve a time to be tested. You just fill in basic info and they email you a confirmation.  The email confirmation has a bar code you will use that day to check in for your test.  Thanks for all the help.  Glad to have this part completed!!