Proof of Vaccines for Cunard

Dotinthought

Can any Canadians confirm how they proved their vaccination status before boarding a Cunard ship?   The website describes how Americans prove theirs.   They are required to provide an original of a CDC or similar card.  We have only electronic evidence.  I will bring that and print it as well but that does not create an “original”.   When I call Cunard I cannot get through to anyone.    I sail on Tuesday and would like some clarity on this asap.   

We can get an updated version that lists all three jabs with dates and lot numbers. There is a large QR code as well. I doubt that Cunard can scan this, but it has been very helpful when travelling on VIA Rail trains and at many restaurants and hotels.  We don't "do" smartphones but a printed version is acceptable. We have been told a few times that the printed version is better because it seems to scan easier than than the digital version.

Our next embarkation is 14 June in Vancouver. At the moment, Cunard has no information on any requiremenents for boarding or on board.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:05 AM, david,Mississauga said:

Our next embarkation is 14 June in Vancouver. At the moment, Cunard has no information on any requiremenents for boarding or on board.

Considering June 14 as well. As the ship docks in Victoria the day before Vancouver and an antigen test is required, in the previous 24 hours, to enter Canada, any ideas on how the entry tests will be conducted?

Haven’t even considered pre-flight testing yet for the journey East.

Always thought that cruising was supposta be relaxing...

I read on Cunard's site that at present they will administer such a test on board prior to disembarkation for US$25.

There was a hint from the Transport Minister that the requirement for a rapid test may be dropped soon. Arrival back in Canada is four months away, so barring another COVID variant there is hope for optimism.

13 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

I read on Cunard's site that at present they will administer such a test on board prior to disembarkation for US$25.

There was a hint from the Transport Minister that the requirement for a rapid test may be dropped soon. Arrival back in Canada is four months away, so barring another COVID variant there is hope for optimism.

Thanks for the input, David.

You are correct. Protocols will change over the next months. We had to cancel a December cruise at the last moment (Read: Suitcases packed and by the front door),  due to testing timeframe changes from both the Canadian and US Governments not to mention changes by the cruise line. 

Just hang in there and stay healthy...

• 3 weeks later...