Tested positive before boarding, refund experience

escapesnow

Unfortunately we tested positive and were unable to board the Oasis on Feb 6 as planned. I'm happy to share that the refund process was drama-free and extremely efficient. We called Royal the morning of Feb 6. They provided us with an email address where we sent them our positive test results. We received an automated reply that refunds are currently taking 30 days to complete. Less than 1 week later the full cruise fare and pre-purchased excursions were refunded back to my credit card. Never received an email, so if you're in the similar boat just keep on eye on your credit card statement. I'm currently dealing with a lot of headache over trying to receive a refund for an unrelated matter from airlines so I was scarred from that experience and completely dreaded dealing with Royal. Fully expected drama but it was the complete opposite. Sharing in case anyone finds themselves in the same unfortunate situation. Glad we caught it before getting on board though, and I am looking forward to booking a do-over for the fall. 

• Like 17

I'm surprised you had to email your results. We were told differently by one agent, yet another said it was needed. Ultimately we didn't have to email anything to get refunded. We did use the tests sold through RCL, but I can't imagine that would make a difference?