Royal Gift Certificate not showing up

My daughters gave me an online Royal Caribbean gift certificate for my birthday.  It says that it can be used for payment for the cruise.  Today I called RC and while a representative stayed on the phone with me, I went to RoyalCaribbeangiftcertificates.com and put the certificate towards my cruise payment.  The rep told me that I could check back in 30 minutes and the payment should show up.  I went on my payment site 2 hours later, and it has not been credited to my payment history.  Anyone have any issues with gift certificates?

2 hours ago, cruisingalong2018 said:

My daughters gave me an online Royal Caribbean gift certificate for my birthday.  It says that it can be used for payment for the cruise.  Today I called RC and while a representative stayed on the phone with me, I went to RoyalCaribbeangiftcertificates.com and put the certificate towards my cruise payment.  The rep told me that I could check back in 30 minutes and the payment should show up.  I went on my payment site 2 hours later, and it has not been credited to my payment history.  Anyone have any issues with gift certificates?

I used one recently, it said it could take a couple of days.  I waited, and my balance due reflected it.

• Thanks 1

I had an issue with redeeming it and customer service saw it as applied, but my balance due remained the same as it had been. They were very insistent my cert had been redeemed.  I had to spell out the math with exact numbers for the rep I spoke to for them to realize no matter what it said the cert was not actually subtracted from my balance due.  Hopefully you have no problems. 

33 minutes ago, aphrodite6528 said:

I had an issue with redeeming it and customer service saw it as applied, but my balance due remained the same as it had been. They were very insistent my cert had been redeemed.  I had to spell out the math with exact numbers for the rep I spoke to for them to realize no matter what it said the cert was not actually subtracted from my balance due.  Hopefully you have no problems. 

Knowing math...a good thing :classic_wink: